Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Does Gentlease help with constipation?

DS is on a vicious cycle of constipation.  Karo syrup works, but then once I quit giving it, he is constipated again within a week or two.  A suppository has worked, but same thing.  I feel like I need to get to the root of the problem, and I'm wondering if switching formulas can help.  I think I am going to call the pedi tomorrow and see what they say.  Just wondered if this has worked for others?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Does Gentlease help with constipation?

• Options

DS was on Gentlease...its not for constipation though. ?It has partially broken down proteins, but that helps with gas, not constipation. ?I believe its the iron in the formulas that cause the constipation in some babies. ?See if your pedi can recommend a formula with less iron.

?GL?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

It helped my DD, she has been on it for a week and poops every morning like clockwork! She was having major problems before we switched.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had MAJOR issues with constipation/gas before we changed to Gentlease...I heart Gentlease!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers DX-unexplained infertility January 2010 IUI #1-BFN February 2010 IUI #2-BFP! (Cycle 21) *Beta #1 2/23 126 (14DPIUI)*Beta #2 2/25 311 (16DPIUI)* *Beta #3 3/4 6,313 (23DPIUI)* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, it helped my DS.

• Options
    It didn't help DD w/her constipation.... I ended up giving her 1/2oz of apple-prune juice every day to help with it. It's the only thing that helps.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were having a problem with constipation and switched last Friday.  She's doing better, but not great yet.  Olivia has stopped crying during bowel movements, but still struggles during them.  We were told to try the formula for 2 weeks to get a good idea if it's making a difference or not.  So far, I'd say we're going in the right direction.
  • Options
    imageCin.NJ:

I believe its the iron in the formulas that cause the constipation in some babies.  See if your pedi can recommend a formula with less iron.

GL 

Here are some articles about this..... I did research on this a while ago and found out that Low Iron formulas are actually not even sold in the US...

https://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/advicedetail.cfm?id=180

https://www.parents.com/baby/feeding/bottlefeeding/frequently-asked-questions-about-formula/?page=3

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switched DS from Enfamil Lipil to Gentlease and it has made a big difference so far..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"