VBAC
Options

Just want to brag a little about my doctor

Apparently my doctor has quite a reputation for VBAC and natural birth (or med-free birth - however you like to describe it).  He told me a few visits ago that I was one of three med-free VBAC patients he had at the time (which is exciting - I hope there are even more VBACs that are planning to use meds that he just didn't mention).

At my last visit he apologized profusely for keeping me waiting so long.  I was in the office for about an hour with no pants on before he came in.  I reminded him that he was just doing his job, and if I was in delivery and needed the attention, I'd appreciate him spending the  time with me.  He told me he had just delivered one of his med-free VBACs and that she had pushed for four hours.  He said he was running on coffee and chocolate, and I could tell he was genuinely excited/fulfilled that his patient succeeded.  He then looked at me and said "I want you to be my next one!"   I was so taken aback at his comment.  I've never gotten the feeling from any other doctor that they truly cared. 

After that he went on to tell me that I should look into getting the birthing tub and got me in touch with the coordinator at the hospital to get that all squared away.  The last doctor I mentioned the birthing tub to said to me sarcastically, "Do I need to bring my swim trunks to delivery?"  He then went over my birth plan and was in agreement and totally supportive with every little detail - even reminded me after I listed wanting to avoid episiotomy that he doesn't believe in it (unless under extreme circumstances).  I swear he was a midwife in another life. 

Anyway, I'm just going on and on, but I just can't get over how lucky I am to have found this doctor.  I really believed in the beginning that it was going to be a battle to try to get a VBAC, but it's turning out to be so pleasant.  I even think that if I end up with a CS I won't feel like I failed, or that my best interests weren't looked after.

Re: Just want to brag a little about my doctor

• Options
    Wow he sounds like a rare find!  That is great :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Your doctor sounds fabulous!  :)  It makes all the difference! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW!  I'm impressed!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where are you at in Louisiana? The VBAC rates in Louisiana are the lowest in the nation (2.5%) and I'm worried about finding a pro-VBAC OB in time for my next LO (whenever that may be).
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    Baton Rouge.  He delivers at Woman's. 
  • Options
    Who is it? I'm in Lafayette and I wonder if he would be willing to recommend someone in Lafayette. I actually wouldn't mind driving to Baton Rouge (b/c I've already heard of some really good pro-VBAC docs there) but DH is against it.
  • Options
    Dr. Dickerson with Louisiana Women's Healthcare Associates
  • Options

lol, exactly the same doctor I was thinking of when I mentioned hearing about a good natural birth doc in Baton Rouge but you're the first one I know who is VBACing with him. I wish my husband would be willing to let me see an OB in Baton Rouge but he's concerned with the hour long drive (I actually live in Duson now so it's a little bit farther away than Lafayette). I do understand his concern so I am hoping Dr. Dickerson might be willing to recommend someone local for me. I don't know of anyone attempting a VBAC (everyone's a RCS) so unfortunately don't have anyone to ask for help.

I hope everything goes well for you. I imagine you're getting quite excited since you are getting so close to your due date. I am looking forward to the day where I can attempt my VBAC.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"