VBAC

Birth plan question RE: hep lock/IV (redundancy)

Is it redundant to say both of the following in my birth plan:

-I would like to have a heparin or saline lock if required

-I do not want an IV unless I become dehydrated

Or should I just say the part about no IV and accept the hep lock if they require it.  My doctor is on board for the no IV but I never asked if hep lock is required.  My birth plan is more for the nurses than anything.  He and I are pretty much on the same page about everything.

Obviously I'm at the end of the road here.  I'm starting to micromanage everything!

Re: Birth plan question RE: hep lock/IV (redundancy)

• I'm all for concise birth plans, so I'd either combine it (I do not want an IV unless I become dehydrated but am open to hep/saline lock) or just discuss the saline lock with your doctor and have DH aware of it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepapagena:
    I'm all for concise birth plans, so I'd either combine it (I do not want an IV unless I become dehydrated but am open to hep/saline lock) or just discuss the saline lock with your doctor and have DH aware of it. 

Yes  I like this suggestion.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you should say

" I do not want IV fluids unless I become dehydrated , but I am fine with having a hep-lock. "

The inital way you posted it is confusing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepapagena:
    I'm all for concise birth plans, so I'd either combine it (I do not want an IV unless I become dehydrated but am open to hep/saline lock) or just discuss the saline lock with your doctor and have DH aware of it. 

I agree!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"