Cleveland Babies

Recommended OBGYN in the Cleveland Area

Hello,

I just discovered that we are pregnant; its the first for my husband and I and we are very excited.

I live in the Cleveland Heights neighborhood and am looking for recommendations from  the bump moms for an OBGYN. My husband is affiliated with University Hospitals, so someone is their system would be great.

Thanks!

Re: Recommended OBGYN in the Cleveland Area

• Hi there!

I'm in University Heights and my doc OBGYN is Janette Stephenson.  She is on the younger side (40s?), pretty quiet, but very nice and thorough.  I've had irregular paps come up several times in the past few years and she's always right on top of things.  She is partnered with Dr. Gerson, who I have not met, but she seems to be older.

They are based out of the Chagrin Highlands building on 271 (across from the new Ahuja building).  I can't go to her during my pregnancy because I'm considered high-risk, but she has delivery privileges at Hillcrest.  Dr. Gerson has privileges at Hillcrest and main campus.

BTW, welcome!  I'm in University Heights, so we're close!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • University Hts here but I went with Cleveland Clinic, the beachwood location.  Dr Ken Rao is awesome and delivered both my kids at Hillcrest and I have nothing but positive things to say about him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB with DD was Dr. Barry Peskin, who is in the same practice as Ken Rao, I believe.  They are with the Clinic and have a large practice.  Everyone I talked to LOVED Barry....but I wouldn't say I LOVED him.  I HATED Hillcrest though.  But a lot of other people LOVED delivering at Hillcrest, so what do I know?  Anyway, I am switching OBs and will deliver at Rainbow.  I will go to either Laura David or Karen Jaffe. 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in Shaker and went with M Chapman. He's in South Euclid on Green Rd. I really like him. The other doc at that practice that I really like is Reider. They deliver at UH. Congrats on getting pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekielpinskim:
    I'm in Shaker and went with M Chapman. He's in South Euclid on Green Rd. I really like him. The other doc at that practice that I really like is Reider. They deliver at UH. Congrats on getting pregnant!

Hey there! I'm in Shaker, too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"