Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

what do you do...

Re: what do you do...

• Options

I love reading this- kind of associates where everyone spends their time.

I'm a Sheriff's Deputy. I work for the county I live in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Human Resources
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Associate scientist at a biohparma company.
  • Options
    imageProcrastinatingBride:
    imagefaithita:
    imagesulfababy:

Piano teacher :) 

Awesome! I have a degree in violin performance, and took piano lessons for years. I REALLY want a piano, so my sweet DH bought me a full size keyboard which sort of does the trick. So, I am trying to get back into piano and just started playing violin in the community orchestra here.

As for me, I am a criminal defense attorney. And my dream is to own a yarn shop. Smile

I'm also a lawyer who fantasizes about yarn.  Would it be weird of us to get together and open a law firm-slash-yarn shop? Wink

Nope. I live out west now, but am from VA and we are hoping to move back soon. Maybe someday! Wink

• Options

imagetink7227:
    I'm a SAHM who used to work in Foster Care. I also work freelance for two different Photography Studios as a second shooter for weddings. They call me if they need me and I can always say no, it's great!

Good for you! How do you like it? I've thought about doing foster care. Our county's United Way has a program for 72 hr care in which you would take in children for max of 72 hrs at any time of day. It's for parents who need a break or it's been used for people who go into labor and their spouse is traveling and no one can watch their kids. It has all sorts of uses and child services won't get involved as long as they are there no more than the 72 hrs.

• Options

In reality...I'm a recruiter in HR for a hospital

In my head (dream job)...I'm a kick a$$ event planner!

• Options
    imageLegalPawn:
    imagefaithita:
    imagesulfababy:

Piano teacher :) 

Awesome! I have a degree in violin performance, and took piano lessons for years. I REALLY want a piano, so my sweet DH bought me a full size keyboard which sort of does the trick. So, I am trying to get back into piano and just started playing violin in the community orchestra here.

As for me, I am a criminal defense attorney. And my dream is to own a yarn shop. Smile

I'm also a lawyer who fantasizes about yarn.  Would it be weird of us to get together and open a law firm-slash-yarn shop? Wink

Can I get in on it too?  Apparently I'm not the only crazy one....I'm a lawyer who fantasizes about yarn as well! 

Excellent! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• Options

Great thread! It's so neat to see what everyone does... 

I'm a freelance writer. I specialize in technology, so I write a lot about gadgets, laptops, gaming consoles, ebook readers, iPhone apps, etc. 

• Options
    I was an English teacher until I got married and moved. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Formerly Otter*Pop
    Dx=Severe MFI IVF#1 with ICSI=BFP!
    Lots of love and luck to my TTGP IVF Buddy Kathy4678!
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM and a photographer.
  • Options
    I'm a digital retouch artist.  Only about half as exciting as it sounds.
  • Options

I worked in advertising/media but got laid off this fall, so now I'm unemployed. 

My dream would be to open a bakery. I'll open it next to the yarn shop you all are opening and I can supply you with cookies for your classes!

• Options
    I'm a legal assistant.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

My job title is finiancial analyst, but my degree (and what I actually do) is accounting.

• Options

I'm a bankruptcy/foreclosure attorney.  I don't mind the work, but I really dislike my current firm.  I have been looking for other jobs but there aren't many out there. 

DH passed the bar, had his offer rescinded b/c there wasn't enough work to go around.  He has now been looking for work for 6 months.  We both pretty much regret going to law school.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    imageLuckily:

I worked in advertising/media but got laid off this fall, so now I'm unemployed. 

My dream would be to open a bakery. I'll open it next to the yarn shop you all are opening and I can supply you with cookies for your classes and you can decorate my bakery! 

This sounds perfect.  I'd better keep my hands busy with the knitting, or working next to a bakery will cause me to double in size. Embarrassed

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

• Options

Wassup with all these yarn-loving lawyers? It must be a Bump thing! I'm not hating....I love me some Michael's and Hobby Lobby. LOL

I am an IT project manager who works in the corporate information security department. **yawn** I know.

• Options
    I'm a CPA in an accounting firm (although I am waiting on a job offer right now so hopefully that might be changing!)
    Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJenniferAnnes:

I'm a bankruptcy/foreclosure attorney.  I don't mind the work, but I really dislike my current firm.  I have been looking for other jobs but there aren't many out there. 

DH passed the bar, had his offer rescinded b/c there wasn't enough work to go around.  He has now been looking for work for 6 months.  We both pretty much regret going to law school.

Holy crap, that is some horrible luck.  I am so sorry to hear this.  GL to you both.

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

• Options
    I am an RN. But after the birth of my youngest DD I went SAHM
  • Options
    I work in government as an accountant.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options

Many of you ladies have some very interesting jobs! I work on the writing staff for a state politician.

My dream job would be to operate my own fundraising nonprofit organization for ovarian cancer research/awareness.

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Options

imageMommaDuck:
    I teach language arts to sixth graders. 

Hooray for teachers! I teach mostly 7th grade English, but I also have one class of sophomores for American Lit (it's a Jr-Sr high). I love it!!

Great thread...

BabyFetus Ticker image imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I am a dance teacher/choreographer!! 
  • Options
    imageJenniferAnnes:

Holy crap, that is some horrible luck.  I am so sorry to hear this.  GL to you both.

Thanks!  The worst part is that DH paid out of state tuition and now his massive student loan payments are coming due.  Yuck!  I keep telling myself that the job market HAS to get better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    Im a respiratory therapist and work in med/surg/cardiac ICU. I would have loved to be a doctor but school was way too long. Considering going back to be a Physician Assistant. But who knows.
  • Options
    I am a project manager for an HVAC company. Yes, I know, snooze. I'm also a part-time creative consultant for my mom's wedding planning business.
  • Options
    I am a paralegal and hopefully one day a SAHM Smile

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Options
    imagebtaylor19:

I am a new business representative for the annuities dept. of an insurance co.  I process the incoming annuity applications.

Don't worry, no one who knows me really gets what I do either, I'm definitely the Chandler of the group.

edit-spelling

YesYesExcellent reference.

Thanks!  I was hoping someone would get it

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    English teacher. I have 10th and 12 graders this year and I love my kids so much. 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    imagebubbles0568:

imagetink7227:
    I'm a SAHM who used to work in Foster Care. I also work freelance for two different Photography Studios as a second shooter for weddings. They call me if they need me and I can always say no, it's great!

Good for you! How do you like it? I've thought about doing foster care. Our county's United Way has a program for 72 hr care in which you would take in children for max of 72 hrs at any time of day. It's for parents who need a break or it's been used for people who go into labor and their spouse is traveling and no one can watch their kids. It has all sorts of uses and child services won't get involved as long as they are there no more than the 72 hrs.

I liked it because I felt like I was helping the kids, butit was very hard and frustrating at times. It was even harder being a mom and seeing what parents do to their own kids.  Respite care would be great and is very needed! Just know that if you do it some kids will feel like the foster parent aren't coming back and act out.  They are always in need of good foster parents/respite care.

• Options

Funny that y'all want to open those stores.  My mom has a bakery, and I want no part of it...waking at 3 in the morning, etc...  No thanks!  But, you could be like my mom and enjoy it to death!  LOL! 

My current job is Interim Director of High school programs at a college.  Lots of fun staying busy while my boss is out on maternity leave.

My dream job would be opening a dude ranch for troubled kids.  That would be a ball!

• Options
    I work in human resources at a video game company.
  • Options
    I opened a cute and affordable clothing boutique this year. I do this full-time, even on my days off. I do love it though and I'm going to miss the cute clothes when I am finally KU, but it will be SOOO worth it!
    Me- 26 DH-32
    TTC since August 2010
    Unexplained Infertility
    5 rounds of clomid and 4 rounds of tamoxifen = BFN
    IUI #1 - Jan 2012 with Tamoxifen - BFN IUI #2 - Feb 2012 Cancelled :(
    IVF #1- May 2012: BFP on 05/29/12!! 06/01 Beta #1= 122 06/04 Beta #2 74 :( - C/P
    06/07/12 = BFN Moving onto IVF #2 August 2012
    22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, none to freeze
    Transferred two embies on 08/19. Beta 1 is 08/31 Beta #1-122 Beta #2- 541
    1st U/S 09/12- 1 sac!
    Praying this is my take home baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My Blog!
  • Options
    imagetink7227:
    imagebubbles0568:

imagetink7227:

I liked it because I felt like I was helping the kids, butit was very hard and frustrating at times. It was even harder being a mom and seeing what parents do to their own kids.  Respite care would be great and is very needed! Just know that if you do it some kids will feel like the foster parent aren't coming back and act out.  They are always in need of good foster parents/respite care.

I used to work at a chemical dependency clinic for women w/children and it broke my heart everyday! I'll think about it more when we have children of our own. Yeah I can imagine children would be very worried about their parents coming back for them!

• Options
    I recently retired on disability  from a local fire department where I was a firefighter/paramedic. Currently I'm a SAHW and am in massage therapy school.
  • Options
    imagebubbles0568:
    imagetink7227:
    imagebubbles0568:

imagetink7227:

I used to work at a chemical dependency clinic for women w/children and it broke my heart everyday! I'll think about it more when we have children of our own. Yeah I can imagine children would be very worried about their parents coming back for them!

I think anything in the social services field is really hard. MH is a police officer and anytime he has something with kids it hits him really hard.  I often think about doing respite care now that I don't work there anymore, but will wait until my kids are older.  Good Luck to you!

• Options

imagecrt0323:
    I opened a cute and affordable clothing boutique this year. I do this full-time, even on my days off. I do love it though and I'm going to miss the cute clothes when I am finally KU, but it will be SOOO worth it!

^ How fun! Where is this shop located? Do you have a website to order online?

To answer the original question, I am a Price Cost Analyst at an aerospace defense company.

• Options
    I'm an ultrasound tech Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"