Maryland Babies
Options

Winter PJs

I was wondering what kind of pjs to put my little one in through the winter.  We have the fleece footie pjs and the heat cranking but her nose and hands are still really cold.  Any suggestions?  Am I worrying too much?

Re: Winter PJs

• Options
    That's all we're doing also -- Jackson seems fine when we put him to bed and when he wakes up in the morning so I'm assuming it's enough for him to be comfortable.
  • Options

I have DD in Carter fleece  footie pj's. She seems to be completely fine when she walks up in the morning.

Edit: How old is your LO? Have you thought about the sleep hacks? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use fleece PJ's and a sleep sack
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCooper81:
    We use fleece PJ's and a sleep sack

Ditto.  But he is outgrowing the sleep sacks...grrr! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    She is 6 months old :o)  We use the the same pjs.  The house is kept at a warm 78 degrees - my husband and I our sweating!  However, her room (and the other guest room) just do not seem to be as warm as our room and the rest of the house.  There is heat coming through the vents and we resealed her window it just still seems cold in there!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all your advice!  I am going to try and find a sleep sack tonight :o)
  • Options
    We have a warm mist humidifier in DD's room - that seems to keep it a little warmer and helps w/ breathing/colds - it also works as a sound machine.  Love it!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have Bobby in a plain undershirt onesie, PJs and a sleep sack (one of which pjs or sleep sack is fleece) every night.  We also have a warm mist humidifier with eucalyptus oil going every night to chase away the cold weather crud!

• Options
    My LO sleeps in a long sleeve onsie, footed sleeper, and fleece Halo Sleepsack.  He seems pretty comfortable to me.  It isn't concerning if her hands and nose is cold to the touch, as long as her core is warm.  Does she seem cold or not sleep well?  I personally really like sleepsacks.  So easy to adjust the layers under, and the "blanket" can't ever get kicked off. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do you have a brand that you would recommend?  We just have a plain humidifier - no heat :o(  But this sounds like a great deal!  Thanks for your help!
  • Options

Instead of a warm mist humidifier I would recommend you get a vaporizer.  They are VERY similar, except that the vaporizer will have a little well that you can put medicine into.  If you don't put medicine into the well it functions as a warm mist humidifier. If you put medicine into the well, then the steam "vaporizes" the medicine. 

We have the Vicks Vaporizer.  I bought it in the Pharmacy section of Wal-Mart for less than $20.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vicks-Vaporizer-with-Night-Light/9875654

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the Vicks vaporizer as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"