Montco and Floride — The Bump
Philadelphia Babies

Montco and Floride

At our last pedi appt. our pedi told us that Montgomery Country does not have floride in the water so she started DD on drops of it.  MIL's friends in the MontCo area with grandkids do not give them the drops. 

I know I need to call Aqua and ask them but I thought I'd ask on here.

I live in Plymouth Meeting.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Montco and Floride

• We live in Montco and our pedi gave us vitamins with fluoride at our last appt.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I checked Aqua online for Plymouth Meeting.  In the water quality report, this is the statement:

Fluoride might help prevent tooth decay for children but can be harmful in excess. Customers in the Main Division receive water mostly from unfluoridated supplies, but some areas receive fluoridated water. For more information about fluoride in your tap water, call Aqua at 610.645.4248. This information might be helpful to you, your pediatrician, or your dentist in determining whether fluoride supplements or treatment are appropriate.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekrisdave:

I checked Aqua online for Plymouth Meeting.  In the water quality report, this is the statement:

Fluoride might help prevent tooth decay for children but can be harmful in excess. Customers in the Main Division receive water mostly from unfluoridated supplies, but some areas receive fluoridated water. For more information about fluoride in your tap water, call Aqua at 610.645.4248. This information might be helpful to you, your pediatrician, or your dentist in determining whether fluoride supplements or treatment are appropriate.

You are very helpful!  Where are you from?

• My pedi asked where we lived, told her collegeville, and she gave us drops.  She didn't say it was all of montco, made it seem like certain municipalities, but I'm not sure.....
  • imageMuckDiva:

You are very helpful!  Where are you from?

You're welcome.  Living in Lansdale.

• It depends on your water company and where you live.  Based on my research, MOST drinking water in Montgomery County does NOT contain fluoride.  I can tell you North Penn water does not in Lower Salford, but that won't help you :)  Call Aqua or check their website.  Keep in mind that if your little one gets bottled water or eats certain foods they may be getting fluoride from other sources too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards