Washington Babies
Options

Back to work tomorrow :(

And I've already cried 8 times today.  It's really quite ridiculous since I know I'm only going back until mid-January at the latest, but the thought of leaving my sweet little boy for the entire day is breaking my heart.  He'll be home with his daddy and I'm sure the anticipation of going back is worse than it will actually be, but how can I go from spending all day every day with him for three months to spending only a handful of hours with him? Crying

Re: Back to work tomorrow :(

• Options
    {{hugs}} I can't imagine how tough that must be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Oh, Big Big hugs Misha!!!  I felt just like you, I cried and cried and cried before I went back.  

Things that helped me, I printed and framed 5 photos of Lucy for my desk and I took a few trips to the ladies room to cry that first week back.  I also started back on a Wed. and the short week was a really good thing!

But I promise, it does get easier once you get used to it.  He's gonna do great at home with his Daddy, and you should call and check in as often as you need to.  Hang in there mama!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh Misha, huge (((hugs))). I'm sure it will be really tough at first but it gets easier, and hopefully it will be even easier since you know B will be with L.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any advice - but I have lots of ((Hugs)).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I felt the same way when I went back to work when DD was 2.5 months old. I actually let her sleep with me at night because I missed her so much during the day and it made me feel like I still got enough time with her, even though it was sleeping. The first week was rough, but after that I felt like work was a little bit of a break and like you, I knew there was an end in sight (6 months). I agree with taking a picture... I looked at it for hours and everyone else stopped to say how cute she was! And just keep telling yourself it's only until the end of January! I'm sure it will be a really good bonding experience for your LO and your DH too! Hang in there!!!!!!!
  • Options
    :( Big, big, big hugs lady!!! I'm already nervous about going back, and M will also be with family (though not as good as having Daddy home). I think it's great that L will be home with him, so he'll be there just as soon as you get home. It'll be the bright part of your day, and give you something to look forward to . Hang in there lady, January will be here before you know it!!!!
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepinktulips:
    I don't have any advice - but I have lots of ((Hugs)).

I'll jump on the hug train.  I'm sorry mama. 

• Options

For me the anticipation was much worse than actually going to work that day. My H was home on leave for the first 6 weeks after I went back so that helped and actually was a great thing for our marriage. I loved the ownership that he felt over caring for our daughters. He was doing laundry, cleaning the house, prepping their bottles/food etc. It was really great after being the one that was home for 6 months feeling like I was doing it all.

I am still a working mom (part time) and all in all I actually love having work as my escape from my true job as a full time mom. I appreciate my time at home so much more than I might otherwise. I hope it all goes ok for your tomorrow Misha!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh man...I feel for you. It was misery for me at first, but I'm still working, and we've got it down pat. I've got a few tips if you want...

https://heavenstomurgatroyd.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/back-to-work/

It sucks, and I'm sorry...hang in there mama. Big hugs! And post tomorrow to let us know if you need a pick-me-up.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    I've been thinking of you today and will be tomorrow. I know it is so hard to go back, but it does get easier, especially knowing you'll only have to do it for less than two months, and B will be in such good hands with Daddy. Hang in there, you can do it!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry...he'll be in good hands though! Coming home to your men will be the highlight of your day! Hopefully you can put up lots of pics of work and Daddy can send you pics & messages throughout the day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Hang in there Mish, you'll do great!  I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, it's only 3 days this week and I'm sure it'll be Friday before you know it.  Let us know how it goes tomorrow! 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    I'm sorry for how you must be feeling. Sounds like you have a plan in place though. He'll be great with daddy. Right Hug
  • Options
    Big hugs, hope things go smoothly!! What happens in mid January?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

While I don't know exactly how you feel, I have times when projects make me a virtual slave to my desk and I hardly get to see my little man. We are going to have to get super creative once he gets a job. The last two months, I have been working FT, and when I do get to have a day off, I enjoy every second that I get to spend with Max. I also relish the nights I get bath/bedtime duty.

Big HUGS to you, mama! He is in really great hands and you are going to really enjoy the time you do get to spend with him. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but working helps you to really be present during the times you are with him.

ETA: and by "he," I mean DH, not Max. Stick out tongue

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    I too had a hard time at first. I think what helped was knowing that DH was taking care of her. I also called a few times that first week just to check in. It's ok to cry, I know I did. It does get easier. Good luck mama. 
  • Options
    Lots of hugs.  I go back mid-January and I'm already dreading it.

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I agree with Kaite, being away makes you soooo appreciative of the time you do have. When I am with Max I am in the moment taking everything in.  I also remind myself that I am working because it is what's best for my family.
  • Options
    I'm late getting in here and posted to you on FB, but sending hugs that tomorrow goes by quickly!  I hope you are so busy with projects that the day flies by.  (And hope the commute isn't too awful!)
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"