Cloth Diapering
Options

Samsung HE frontloader routine?

Any of you ladies have a Samsung HE frontloader? 

I'm trying to figure out a good routine. I don't have the 'Sanitize' option although my washer is a Silvercare machine. I'm worried that my cloth diapers might have some ammonia issues.... any help would be great.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Samsung HE frontloader routine?

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this! I have new Samsungs as well. I think mine does have the sanitize option though. I'll be bookmarking this!
  • Options
    I got one about a month ago. Its does have a sanitize option, but DO NOT use it with anything with PUL or elastic. The heat will ruin it.  I run a cold rinse with no spin with a towel thrown in for the extra weight so I get extra water. Not spinning makes the load heavier so you get more water in the wash. I do a hot wash on heavy duty with 1 tbsp of RnG and an extra rinse.  All told it takes about 2.5 hours for a load, but my diapers get nice and clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we don't have the all in one diapers, so we just have to wash the cloth part of the diaper.. I use the sanitary cycle once with detergent, and once without.  If you don't have the sanitary cycle a tbsp of baking soda in the wash works on your hottest cycle for a lot of people, or you can boil them for 30 min if you have a big pot on your stove... again this is not for AIO diapers... the heat will kill the waterproofing.
  • Options

We don't have a samsung but I do have a front loader and so far our routine has worked great.

Here goes:

Cold rinse, no spin.

Hot wash with detergent and vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser.  Then I do an extra rinse (cold I believe).  It takes about an hour and a half from start to finish.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"