I haven't gotten a chance to post on this board yet and I am now due tomorrow with #2, so here's my story. I went into labor at 10 days past my due date with my son on the day I was already scheduled for an induction. I had been contracting all day (though nothing unbearable) and decided to show up at the hospital at the time I was scheduled for the induction anyway as my contractions were getting pretty close together. I was still barely a cm dilated but they admitted me and let me labor most of the night before starting pitocin when I still wasn't progressing. I ended up dilating to 8 cm and then when checked again went back to 6 cm. Doc said my cervix was swelling because the baby couldn't get down any further and it was decided that my "pelvic inlet" was too small for him to fit. So of course it ended in a c-section.
We have since moved and I was lucky to find a pretty supportive doctor of my desire to VBAC. I don't think he is actually that optimistic, but he has been willing to let me try (which is apparently a real rarity where I live). So now I am due tomorrow and have made zero progress (not even a fingertip dilated). He will let me go until 41 weeks (next Wed) and wants to see me again on Friday so that we can make some decisions. He said that if I was really adamant he would try to induce me, but that if conditions weren't favorable (still no dilation) then it would likely end in a c-section anyway. Otherwise its a repeat c/s. I know a lot can change in the next week, but I want to go in on Friday with a clear idea of what to do. I really don't want to schedule a c/s, but I realize that the induction will lead to all of the other interventions that probably led to my c/s the first time (epidural, lack of movement and changing positions, etc - this time I wanted to go natural). So, I guess I am just looking for some outside opinions. Thanks!!