Adoption

Adoption fundraiser?

Has anyone had a successful adoption fundraiser?  What did you do?  Did you raise much money?

Thank you!

Re: Adoption fundraiser?

• This may not be for everyone, but my parents did a fundraiser through Wild Olive Tees (www.wildolivetees.com) - basically they sold cute t-shirts/gear. The shirts do feature Bible verses, though (my family sold them at church events/to friends/via their blog), so that may not appeal to everyone, as I mentioned.

Are you familiar with some of the adoption aid grants available to adoptive families? ShowHope.org helped with both of my sister's adoptions. There are several other grants/aid organizations out there as well.

I have also heard of friends who sold personalized blog templates and designs, handmade jewelry, calenders, and even had cafe press stores that they used to raise money. Basically, they just used their own creative talents and hobbies!

GL to you in your adoption! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    After 2 years of TTC#1, 2 losses, & a lot of prayers, we're hoping this is it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you for the link and ideas!  I looked at the Show Hope website, and it says that their grants are only available to families who are wanting to adopt through an agency.  If we adopt this particular baby, it would be a private adoption.
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister has done a lot of volunteer work with ShowHope and a few other organizations (Our Creator's Hope is another one I know of, but I'm not sure how they work with agencies or not, and I do think that the CWA - https://www.cwa.org/aid-adoption.htm - offers aid to private...both are also Christian though, just let me know if you don't want religious organizations and I won't mention them, I just know of a lot of them). Anyway, I will talk to my sister and parents if you would like and see if they have any more fund-raising/aid suggestions.

GL! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    After 2 years of TTC#1, 2 losses, & a lot of prayers, we're hoping this is it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't done any fundraisers for adoption.  I've heard people say that they think it's "tacky" or not appropriate. I think it's a great way to let people who want to help you help you.

It reminds me of a portion of my work.  People want to help..... they just need direction on how to help.  If you don't provide a way for them to help, most likely they'll sit quietly on the side lines.

Good luck.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • We plan on doing fundraisers for our adoption. As long as we're providing a product or a service, I don't see how it's really tacky. It's not like we're asking for handouts. To each their own.

We just did "pre-sales" for t-shirts that we designed; shirts are at the printers right now and we ordered a few extras in hopes to be able to sell them too. We also have a friend hosting a zumba-athon in January. And we have plans to do a yard sale in the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"