Pre-School and Daycare
Options

5hr/week 2-3yr old preschool - How much $ (no lunch)

I'm wondering where the options in my area fall financially speaking. We're looking at 2 days a week for a 2-3 yr old program and its 2.5 hrs each time (mom leaves, not co-op).

Wondering what you pay for this or something similar.

TIA!

Re: 5hr/week 2-3yr old preschool - How much $ (no lunch)

• Options

At my preschool, it is $89 a month for 2 half-days.  Keep in mind that is in a small town, at a church-run preschool.  DD goes 3 mornings a week, and we pay $105 a month. 

ETA: That is per month, not week

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ours would be $30 for that exact program.  We do 3 days/week for $45/week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's the type of program DD1 is in now, and I found that tuition around here ranges from $1700-3500 for the September to May school year.
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options

at dcs' school 2 half days (5hrs a week) from mid Sept to mid May is $2200/yr, or $245/mo.. they follow the school year, have a spring break and winter break and a few days off for holidays here and there.  

where we lived prior, dd went to a mother's morning out.  in the 18m-2 y/o class , it was drop in only.  so we could drop her off whenever we wanted during those open hours (M-F 8:30-12:00noon). they charged a little more than $5 / hr.  we got a bill monthly, I usually sent her 2 mornings a week for 2 or 3 hours.  avg bill was around $65/month. they were great.. had music days and art projects and just played. they were too cute. 

• Options
    We pay $160 a month for two days a week - total of six hours.  You can pay extra to stay an extra hour for lunch, dance class, or computer class.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS is in a 3 yr old class.  2 days a week, 2.5 hrs each day.  Its $175 per month.
  • Options

We pay $140 per month (9 months per year), and it's one of the least expensive options.  Others are as much as $180 for the same time frame, and also 10 months out of the year.

• Options

DS goes 2 days a week for 5 hrs in a 3 year old program.  It's $75/month with breakfast (cereal) served.  I know it costs more if the child isn't potty trained, maybe $100/month.  

Right now DS mostly goes to get social interaction.  Next year we'll probably switch him to a 3 day morning program to get him used to going more often.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • Options

There is a HUGE variation in my area. We're looking at 2-3 days a week, and most places are 2.5 hours. 

The cheapest I've found is $75 per month through our local parks and rec department. Most are more like $175-$250/month.

If you're talking Montessori or schools that consider themselves "prep" or exclusive/have an academic brand, then you're talking anywhere from $300-$400 a month or more. Way more.   

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    My 3 yo DD is in a 9-12 program Tues/Thurs that is $200/month.  It's at a brand new daycare and they get a snack every day.  They took non-potty trained kids, which is why we didn't look into the churches in my area.  In MI unless its a daycare they can't take kids not potty trained.  DD is almost all the way there but still has accidents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    DS is three...he goes to preschool 3 days a week/3 hours a day.  It is $235 a month.  This includes a healthy daily snack.  They can stay longer for $7 an hour, but you have to provide the lunch. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At our preschool, the "intro" program (2.5-3YO) is 2 half days per week (5 hours) and is $340/month. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    We pay $100/month for Tues/Thurs from 12:30-3:00.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS goes full time and we pay $655 per month with extended care so he goes 815-530.

But the offer just preschool 830- 11:15.

M-F is $410.

MWF is $275

TTh is $235.

Seems a little pricey to me for not full time care. But is school is just amazing. If I were looking for part time care I would pay that price because I love the program.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS1 goes to preschool 2 days a week for 2.5 hrs/day and we pay $105 a month.
  • Options
    Im not going to be much help as I haven't checked into part time care. DD's 3hr a day preschool with the rest of a day being childcare I pay $550 a month. Breakfast, lunch, and two snacks all on our state mandated food program.
  • Options
    My daughter goes to 3-Pre-K Tues & Thurs for 3 hrs each day.  It costs me $100/mo., plus the $100 deposit, and I had to buy a backpack.  Everything else was included, which was folder, T-Shirt for field trips, midmorning snack, party supplies for party days, and the school also gets whatever they need for supplies themselves so I didn't have a supply list to purchase either.  However, we are in a very small town so I think that may have something to do w/ it b/c this is unheard of in any other place I've lived.  There are a few other schools here and this one falls right in the middle as far as hrs, days, supplies, deposit, and tuition, but there's not really any daycare available either so this is pretty much what everyone uses.
    Pregnancy Ticker Melanie Paige was born 7/7/10 @ 8:48 AM- 7 lbs 4 oz, 19 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lana Michelle was born 1/9/07 @ 9:40 AM- 6 lbs 14.5 oz, 19.5 in! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"