Preemies
Options

feeding all night

at what age, weight or when did you get to stop waking your lo's to eat every 3 hours in the night. sometimes i just don't want to b/c they are sleeping soo good, but we still do it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: feeding all night

• Options
    I would say at 9 mos. actual (6 adjusted) since that is when he started to eat more solids. When we came home, we were following the hospital schedule religiously. He was fed at 1, 4, 7, and 10 around the clock. After a while, when he was starting to catch up and could handle bigger feedings we first took away the 1am feeding and divided the milliliters by the number of feedings he had left and just added that much more to them. Then we took away the 4 am feeding and did the same thing to that. He was fine with it and we had more sleep that way too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pedi asked me to keep waking her until she was 10lbs. I still wouldn't let her go longer than 5-6 hours at night and kept the 3 hours feedings during the day until she really showed me that she was able to manage her own feedings and indicate when she needed to eat. I think it as about 3 months adjusted before she was in control of her feedings.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once she hit 6lbs and had established a good pattern of weight gain. I think it was around Christmas - so like 4 mos actual?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jack is still in the NICU but they let him sleep through the night. He hasn't yet and still wakes every 4 hours to eat but our Neos were fine with him sleeping through a feeding if he wants because he is taking in enough calories during the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was allowed to stop waking Bella up once she hit 6 lbs. I was allowed to go 5-6 hours at night once she got back to her birthweight though. 

She slept great at night until the day we were allowed to start letting her sleep all night. From that point until she was 6 months actual, she woke up every 2 hours to nurse. It was cruel!! She still wakes up once/night to nurse.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"