North Dakota Babies
Options

Another question about BFing and pumping...

this may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway :)  I know everyone is different, but what is the average amount of milk that you got at each pump while still bfing?  Just thinking about building up my stash for when I go back to work and whatever daycare situation we end up with.  Thanks!

Re: Another question about BFing and pumping...

• Options
    Everyone's supply is very different, and your own supply will vary from month to month.  For the first couple of months, I had crazy oversupply, & I would pump about 10oz in the morning after R had already eaten.  During the day, she would only eat from one side at each feeding.  If I was uncomfortable & had to pump, I would get at least another 4 oz.  Now, my supply has really diminished.  I get anywhere from 5-7oz in the morning, & I struggle to pump 4oz at each pumping session at work (when she has not eaten).  There is no extra right now.  It changes all the time!
  • Options

Like Dani said, there's no way to know.  It's always different.  I used to only get about 2oz, now I get around 8 most days.

ETA I only pump once a day.  If that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed! When I first went back to work I would pump maybe 12 oz all day. I got up to 18 or 20 for a while, now I'm back to 12 if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    I second everyone else - it definitely varies.  My experience was very similar to Dani's and now, since I don't pump like ever anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if I got almost nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"