Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Worriers anonymous--- who else is always worried about baby's breathing?

I feel like a psycho. She breathes so lightly. You can barely see that she is breathing. It totally freaks me out.

For all of you moms with older LO's... how long am I going to worry for? I know it's always something but I am so so so terrified of SIDS. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Worriers anonymous--- who else is always worried about baby's breathing?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    i don't have to worry about that right now. evan is hooked up to a monitor at night or when we're not holding him for a long period of time, that monitors his breathing and heart beat. it goes off if it gets too low!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    It took me till about 3 1/2 months to not place my hand on her chest or tummy to make sure she was breathing whenever I went in to check on her. Totally normal.

This, and I still do it from time to time.

• Options

imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    It took me till about 3 1/2 months to not place my hand on her chest or tummy to make sure she was breathing whenever I went in to check on her. Totally normal.

This is me!  Glad I'm not the only one!  My LO will either breathe really lightly, or pant.  It makes me crazy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Check me out on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/ScogginsNoggins
  • Options

my DD is 14months and I still occasionally reach over to check on her... it is natural to check on baby, we mommas want to make sure our LO is OK.. 

My biggest problem was I worry about really horrible situations, like one night I had a dream she was murdered and ever since then I am so paranoid, it is a  horrible thought and when I told my mom she said "Don't think that!! That is AWEFUL!" I know mom but I am a worry wort. The other thing I worry about is me dying and her having to live her life without me.... I hate thinking of that! 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Options
    It still scares me. I put her in a bassinette right up against my bed and leave a little light on so I can see her. I wake up alot and check on her. I cant put her to sleep after eating unless I make sure she has burped very well because I am afraid she will throw up and choke on it. I am not quite as scared as I was at first but I still worry alot.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagerosiemomma:

my DD is 14months and I still occasionally reach over to check on her... it is natural to check on baby, we mommas want to make sure our LO is OK.. 

My biggest problem was I worry about really horrible situations, like one night I had a dream she was murdered and ever since then I am so paranoid, it is a  horrible thought and when I told my mom she said "Don't think that!! That is AWEFUL!" I know mom but I am a worry wort. The other thing I worry about is me dying and her having to live her life without me.... I hate thinking of that! 

This is me always thinking of something so silly to worry about, like maybe he shouldnt sleep in his room b/c theres that big tree right outside and it could fall on his room.  I dont know if I will ever not worry a ridiculus amount for him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad to know I am not the only crazy. I guess I have a lifetime of worry in front of me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I still do it... in fact, I have done it to both DH and my dog before too!
  • Options

Ben is a super loud breather - we don't even use a monitor at night because I can literally hear him breathing from down the hall.

That being said, I don't think the worrying ever stops.  Henry is almost three and I still worry about him constantly.

• Options

Uh...DD is two and I still check to make sure she's breathing!  Ok, it is a little different now, I don't have that same horrible feeling like I did when she was younger (and now with DS).  I think I stopped *really* worrying when DD was around 6 months.

• Options

imagexheartunbrokenx:
    I still do it... in fact, I have done it to both DH and my dog before too!

me too!!  And I'm super paranoid about SIDS too... I f-ing hate SIDS I wish it didn't exist!!  Could anything be scarier for a new mom?  A syndrome that has no known cause or warning signs in which your child suddenly dies in their sleep??  Horrible.

• Options
    my mom says that doesnt go away until theyre out of the house. and even then you still check on them when theyre older and staying over etc...
  • Options

Worrying so much about LO is just one of the reasons I'm on meds for anxiety! lol

BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I check on DS and hes almost 4! He also still has a baby monitor in his room!
  • Options

It never goes away.  I have a daughter in college and I freak if I haven't heard from her in a couple of days.  I was crazy tense the first time she crossed the street by herself, the first time I let her go into a public bathroom by herself, and when she started driving...OMG! 

My baby is 7 weeks old and I worry someone will drop her, or I will trip with her in my arms, or that someone will break in a kidnap her, plus a myriad of other things.  It is so weird because I am a very "go with the flow" person in all other aspects.

• Options
    I still check to make sure my 2 year old is breathing!! LOL  I am a crazy worrier.  Our angelcare monitor gives me some peace, though.
  • Options
    some nights when I check on O I still check to see if she's breathing...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I also still check on my 3 yr old's breathing.  I feel better knowing I'm not the only one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"