Indiana Babies
Options

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but

We're traveling to my brother's home this year for Thanksgiving.  It's costing us quite a bit of money, but it was really important to my mother (my brother could honestly care less about spending holidays with family).  I'm looking forward to Tyson meeting our nephew for the first time.

And then I see this posted on my SIL's FB wall this morning:

I miss Thanksgiving, how it used to be. Celebrate the holiday with my family in Tulsa. Go to lights on in Utica Square. Ahhh... Those were the days. Maybe next year things will be different and Jack and I can make the trip.

WTF is that supposed to mean?  Am I being totally crazy and overly sensitive?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but

• Options

Do they normally go to Tulsa?  When I first read it, it just sounds like she's just reminiscing and missing her family.   With that said, do you guys all get along well?  If not, it could be a b!tchy comment.  I'm not sure! 

Easier said than done, but I would try not to take it too personally, it sounds like she's just sad that she's not going to see her family at all.

• Options
    imagefruitcakes:

Do they normally go to Tulsa?  When I first read it, it just sounds like she's just reminiscing and missing her family.   With that said, do you guys all get along well?  If not, it could be a b!tchy comment.  I'm not sure! 

Easier said than done, but I would try not to take it too personally, it sounds like she's just sad that she's not going to see her family at all.

Her extended family is in Tulsa, but her parents live very close and they'll be at dinner tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure my brother has never been to Tulsa for Thanksgiving and they've been married 6 years.  We are not close at all.  I'm honestly hoping we can just get along for a few days.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, that's obnoxious then!  Good luck :)
  • Options

Definitely thoughtless.  I get how she feels, but to put that on FB when you guys are coming to visit is pretty rude.

• Options
    imagemanda429:

Definitely thoughtless.  I get how she feels, but to put that on FB when you guys are coming to visit is pretty rude.

Ditto.

I guess at any holiday gathering, someone there would rather be somewhere else (especially when it's an in-law).

But yeah, I wouldn't take it too personally but I'd be irked too.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My guess is that if she hasn't been home for tgiving in a long time, and if her DH has never been, she's pretty down about it. I think I would be.

Unfortunately what she wrote came off as kind of a diss to you guys, which isn't cool. 

I hope it turns out to be great and everyone has fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"