Indiana Babies

My Open Letter (Vent)

My blood is boiling and I just need to say it.

Dear Endrocrinologist,

I was so happy that my file got transferred to you instead of the asshat I had last time. I was certain that, despite waiting for 45 minutes to see you, you would be much nicer, and definitely worth the wait.

And then I met you. 

Thanks for telling me that instead of working on Baby #2, I should have focused all my time on losing weight and then I wouldn't be in this situation. Really? I did lose weight. Can you read my chart? And what is your point and recommendation? That I abort this one, lose some weight, and then give it another go?

And thanks for repeatedly saying "abort" instead of "miscarriage." It's a nice word to say to a pregnant woman. I get that it's a medical term. But really. 

Thanks for belittling me when I told you I had a plain, McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich with only half the bun today. It was my only option, and it's not like I really enjoyed it. If I had an option to brown-bag it every day, I would. If I wanted to repeatedly be called a disappointment, I'd find someone to do it for free.

And speaking of brown bagging it, thanks for telling me that I was "absurd" for apparently "making up" the notion that pregnant women aren't supposed to eat deli meat because of the small chance of listeria.

And then thanks for calling every local expert you could on the matter while I was sitting in your office. That's helpful. In making me feel like an idiot. I'm glad none of them answered. Because I'm sure they would have also been 80 years old and agreed with you.

And then thanks for telling me that I was abusing the system for requesting a sample pen of insulin. Yes I have insurance, no it doesn't cover it. And really? Look at your waiting room. And I'm abusing the system? 

And then thanks for telling me that I'm dumb for not noticing that I have a $75 credit at your office and then continuing to pay a $35 co-pay.

And lastly, thanks for having your nurse call me back as I was walking out the door, to have me wait an additional 30 minutes, to tell me that one of your educated buddies returned your call about deli meat, and that my absurd notion was related to one recall in October 2010 and that I was dumb for believing everything I read on the internet.  

So, in summary, thanks for making me feel like I don't deserve to have another child. Or eat. Or have an opinion. You're a great doctor. 

FUCK_OFF.

I feel better.

Brenda 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Open Letter (Vent)

• I want to repeatedly throat punch that person for you.  Good gawd.  Please tell me that you don't have to see him anymore!!
  • I think all Endrocrinologist SUCK I just switched and my new one sucks just as much as the old one.  Sorry for your rough day at the doc office.  My endo looks at like I am crazy too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never met an endocrinologist that I liked.  I'm sorry yours was an a**hat.  You should have slapped him. No one should ever speak to you like that, no matter what their position. 
  • OMG.  I'm so sorry.  You should file a complaint about her, that is absolutely ridiculously horrible.  You should just send her this letter while you are at it.

I'm glad you realize she is an ashole. Please do not let her get you down.

• Oh...my...God!  I cannot believe that! 

I feel so stabby right now after reading that. 

I probably would have cried and cried and cried.  

• O.M.G!!!

((hugs)) to you Brenda for having to go thru that.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrs.conn23:

Oh...my...God!  I cannot believe that! 

This!

• Oh hellz no. That is beyond unprofessional. Can you file a complaint?

I'm sorry you had to go through that!

• imageVal&B0604:
    imagemrs.conn23:

Oh...my...God!  I cannot believe that! 

This!

Me too
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • did you walk out going WTF?????   I know I would have!!  Not cool at all and just another reason the medical field annoys me!!! 
  • I don't even know what to say to that. That's awful. Despicable, even.

I am so sorry that happened to you...do you have to see him again?

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg, what a ***!!!!! I want to cry for you and then stab him in the heart with thedamn insulin pen.
  • OMG!!!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  What an a$$hat!  I hope you don't have to go back to see them again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How awful!!  I would be filing complaints with everyone I could think of -- office manager, practice manager, hospital, state board, etc.

Good luck!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow.  That is just insane.  I'm sorry!

Hugs!

• That's absolutely ridiculous!!  I would definitely file a complaint if you haven't already.  Do you have any other options for doctors?
  • OMG Brenda! I am so sorry you had to listen to all of that. I hope you never have to see him again.
  • What an a hole!  You were totally a trooper managing your GD and he sounds like a big jerk!   Did he seriously tell you that you should have aborted your child or in what sense was he using the word abort?
  • imageCarmela752:
    Omg, what a ***!!!!! I want to cry for you and then stab him in the heart with thedamn insulin pen.

This!  So sorry you had to deal with him. 

• Wow.  I'm sorry.  That sounds like it was a horrible experience. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a horrible experience :(. I think I'd be even more upset that I paid this craptastic person to belittle me (or at least my insurance did). Hope you find someone else who is nice and compassionate instead.
  • Wow!  Lovely bedside manner.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • imageIndyPRGirl:

How awful!!  I would be filing complaints with everyone I could think of -- office manager, practice manager, hospital, state board, etc.

Good luck!!

THIS!  That's horrible.

• You need to file a complaint against everyone you can because that's ridiculous. I feel a large amount of anger right now on your behalf. I know it's easier said then done but please try not to let this idiotic nogood SOB get to you. I mean seriously! I prob would have left sobbing and mumbled something about going to go eat a carton of ice cream and see how the doc liked that. Ugh what d-bag!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"