I had a c-sec for cpd 2.5 yrs ago and we're planning to start trying for #2 soon. I've just started exploring my options re:repeat c-sec or vbac but still have loads of questions.
With DS I ended up being induced at 40 weeks due to sudden pre-e (on the day I came in for routine exam for GD). They decide to induce me right then and there. I ended up laboring for 30 hrs, I fully dialated and pushed for almost 3 hrs. The doctor (not my OB we switched hospitals in the last two weeks b/c they found that DS had a heart defect so we wanted a hospital w/ a great pediatric cardiology dep) then announced that DS was not progressing through the pelvis and that they don't let women push for more than 3 hrs and that I'd need a c-sec. I ended up getting general anesthesia and not seeing DS until he was 2 days old (which made breasfeeding a huge challange for us). Long story short I did not have a good experiance and in the case of another c-sec may end up w/ general anesthesia again (they couldn't get the spinal in for some reason and told me to get an MRI before TTC again).
So my questions are
1.If you had a c-sec due to cpd, are u planning (or did you successfully) a VBAC? why/why not?
2.Is there a way to find out for sure if something's wrong w/ my pelvis before I get preg again?
3.If I hire a doula for a VBAC, would my ob still be there? could I still have an epidural?
I read that laboring standing up or walking around may help w/ cpd (if that was the reason) births. Is there a way to do that AND get an epidural? (I'm a huge chicken when it comes to pain).