Pre-School and Daycare
Options

xp: LMAO at my first parent-teacher conference

So apparently back when school started in the fall they went around the room and as a way of 'getting to know you' asked each child who they lived with.Apparently Dylan responded:  "Mom, Pat, Austin, Jason and Kitten" From time to time he calls us by our first names.  He thinks it's funny because we usually make a game out of it:  "Nooooooo.... I'm MOMMY!!!" (and then we all giggle.)Since Pat is a gender ambiguous name they treaded very lightly in referencing mother's and FATHER's and went out of their way to be gender neutral just in case Dylan's "Pat" was a she.  Of course I'm the only one who ever drops him off or picks him up so they were left guessing for a while.  Oh the things kids say! The good news?  They love him.  I wanted confirmation he was ready for Kindergarten and they basically said if it had been allowed he could have gone this year.That makes a Mom who second guessed her decision to keep him out of pre-school until at 4 feel a LOT better.And... they said they couldn't comment on his anger management skills (a space allowed on the review form) because they'd never seen him angry.Wow.Nice to know that maybe... just MAYBE some of the behavioral stuff we work on so much at home is sticking!
Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: xp: LMAO at my first parent-teacher conference

• Options

he never gets angry?! You must be doing something great!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekada626:

he never gets angry?! You must be doing something great!

Oh he gets angry all right... but apparently just not at school.

I guess he gets it all out on his brother at home so he can go be nice with his friends at school?

In general he's not a really angry or temper prone kid.  He's pretty laid back but I was still shocked to hear his teachers say that.

Now his younger brother?  Dear LORD are we in trouble with that one.  I fully expect to not even make it all the way to a first scheduled parent-teacher conference.  I have zero doubt I'll be hearing from his teachers via phone or pulled aside chat shortly after the school year starts.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our issue isn't anger but I hope by preschool time, Taylor will stop the drama-ish tamtrums. She flys off the handle for crazy reasons. Gotta love a 3yr old. :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

:) Kids!

And what great news all around! Good job!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

what a great review, it must have been fun to hear. Way to go MoM and Pat :) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's hilarious.  We joke about a guy at DH's work we call 'Pat'.  Remember 'It's Pat!' from SNL so many years ago?... LOL.

Well done on raising a good little man!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"