August 2012 Moms
Options

Cleaning toys

How do you clean LO's toys? I use a vinegar/water mixture and just spray everything down. I've read that you can use a bleach/water mixture, but haven't tried it.

Re: Cleaning toys

• Options
    I wash hard plastic in the sink with soap and water. Soft toys go in the washing machine. Stuff with batteries gets wiped.....or just stays dirty. Ha.
  • Options
    I use a 1 T bleach to a gallon solution in a spray bottle. Some go into the dishwasher or the washing machine too. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am gross, I rarely clean toys.  I will wipe down with a wet cloth if something gets food or spit-up or something on it (but again, its rare).  I do use Clorox wipes on ones that have been outside and are coming in or are hand-me-downs/CL finds. 

I am lazy...but my kids have survived so far!
    ditto. i'll clean something if it gets obviously dirty-- something cloth i'll throw it in the washing machine, or a hard toy i'll wipe down.
  • Options

I am gross, I rarely clean toys.  I will wipe down with a wet cloth if something gets food or spit-up or something on it (but again, its rare).  I do use Clorox wipes on ones that have been outside and are coming in or are hand-me-downs/CL finds. 

I am lazy...but my kids have survived so far!

ditto. i'll clean something if it gets obviously dirty-- something cloth i'll throw it in the washing machine, or a hard toy i'll wipe down.

Ditto
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't clean toys either... :\"> I do sanitize the bath toys regularly but that's about it.

It builds immunity...right??
  • Options
    Lol I don't clean toys very often either. Only if he is really sick. But he gets colds so often that I just don't have the time to keep up with it. But if we are going on a playdate or someone is coming over, I'll try to wipe at least some of the stuff that's been in his mouth off. But that doesn't always happen either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"