VBAC
Options

Talked about my VBAC with OB today!

I got to talk to my OB about my plans for a VBAC today, and she is supportive of me doing it, on a couple conditions.  She said when they did the growth ultrasound that the placenta is in the front, so she will do another ultrasound when its closer to make sure it hasn't attached to my c/s scar.  Other than that, she said as long as I go into labor by my due date, she is completely supportive.  It definitely made me more excited and at ease about my decision!  Thanks for listening!

Re: Talked about my VBAC with OB today!

• Options

That's great :)  Mind if I asked why she set a time limit of your due date?  I know my docs said I could go to 41-42 weeks before the talk of a c/s would come up. 

• Options
    imagehollywoodgirl311:

That's great :)  Mind if I asked why she set a time limit of your due date?  I know my docs said I could go to 41-42 weeks before the talk of a c/s would come up. 

Ditto this, what is her reasoning for saying you can't go past your EDD?  VBAC is still safe after 40 weeks. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageiris427:
    imagehollywoodgirl311:

Ditto this, what is her reasoning for saying you can't go past your EDD?  VBAC is still safe after 40 weeks. 

Even my OB, who is crazy conservative, will let me go past my due date, but not past 42 weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm actually switching providers next week b/c "allowing" you to have a VBAC if you go before your estimated due date doesn't feel very supportive.  I'm sorry.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechicsub:
    I'm actually switching providers next week b/c "allowing" you to have a VBAC if you go before your estimated due date doesn't feel very supportive.  I'm sorry.

This is part of the reason I switched drs.  The ob that did my c/s would only only let me go to 39 weeks.  My current dr will let me go to 42, as long as everything is ok with me and the baby.   

• Options
    imageElizC:

imagechicsub:

This is part of the reason I switched drs.  The ob that did my c/s would only only let me go to 39 weeks.  My current dr will let me go to 42, as long as everything is ok with me and the baby.   

So will mine.  He even said that he has had a few people go a little past 42 with monitoring.  I'm hoping I won't get to that point but considering that I was induced at 41 weeks last time, it's nice to know I won't be screwed if this pregnancy goes longer than average like my first did.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"