VBAC

Can't believe I'm so close!

Well, I had my 39 week appt today with the hospital midwife group.  So far everything is looking great with both baby and me.  I told the midwife about the intense pressure and contractions I've been having since Monday, and how I was nervous about the baby flipping to breech etc.  She offered to check me and make sure he was still head-down and see if he was engaged etc. 

I was pleasantly surprised that I'm 1cm and 50% effaced (I was expecting her to say my cervix was thick and closed).  Baby is at a -1 station.  She also said my cervix has moved to the front.  All of this sounds great to me in terms of my body gearing up for labor. 

Here's hoping I get to have the waterbirth VBAC I've been praying and preparing for Big Smile

Anyone else getting close to their due date?

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: Can't believe I'm so close!

• I'm far from my due date, but how exciting for you! 

So are you planning a hospital waterbirth?  Are they having you do CFM?  Just curious since this is something I may attempt again (last time the water was too hot!), but I will need to be  on the telemetry monitor the whole time.

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!  Congratulations!  Looks like you are on your way to a successful VBAC!

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! I can't wait to hear how it goes, good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechicsub:

I'm far from my due date, but how exciting for you! 

So are you planning a hospital waterbirth?  Are they having you do CFM?  Just curious since this is something I may attempt again (last time the water was too hot!), but I will need to be  on the telemetry monitor the whole time.

Yes, I found a really supportive midwife practice in a hospital.  They just started allowing VBACs to have waterbirths earlier in the summer.  The only conditions are a hep-lock (IV access) and the telemetry unit (it's waterproof). 

And thanks ladies for the good vibes!  I will most definitely post updates and a birth story Smile 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

• I'm 37 weeks and getting nervous/excited. I've actually been having minor contractions all week, so excited that my body may be getting into get - w hich is great, considering last time, although I went into labour spontaneously, it was a long (56 hours) labout, and I could do with anything to speed it up - esp as I'm only allowed a trial of labour.

I'm excited you get a water birth - good luck!!

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Congrats!  I'm getting closer, but not nearly as close as you.  Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you, and can't wait to hear how it all works out!
  • Sounds like great news. Good Luck!
  • imagewelshgirl:

I'm 37 weeks and getting nervous/excited. I've actually been having minor contractions all week, so excited that my body may be getting into get - w hich is great, considering last time, although I went into labour spontaneously, it was a long (56 hours) labout, and I could do with anything to speed it up - esp as I'm only allowed a trial of labour.

I'm excited you get a water birth - good luck!!

Yes contractions have definitely helped me feel like my body is getting ready!  Such a relief!  Good luck to you as well Smile

• imageJb&Jb:
    Congrats!  I'm getting closer, but not nearly as close as you.  Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you, and can't wait to hear how it all works out!

You're getting close my dear!  Thanks for the good thoughts! 

• How exciting!  Best wishes for a fabulous birth!! :)
  • Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your success :)
  • Yay! Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • Good Luck!
  • Oh how very exciting!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you have a successful and rewarding VBAC experience. Please keep us posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've just been lurking on this board, but wanted to say good luck with your VBAC!  Can't wait to hear your birth story!
  • It'll be great - looking forward to your birth story! Good luck!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"