Military Families
Options

Those near Ft. Stewart (savannah GA)...

My husband is finally coming home from Iraq soon! With that being said, I am moving back to Fort Stewart,, and I really hate leaving the OBGYN practice i've been with here in Houston.... (I am now 31 weeks pregnant)... Does anyone who lives near Ft. Stewart have any recommendations on a civilian OBGYN ? I need a new doctor, and I am not familiar with anyone in the area, so any suggestions are appreciated!
Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper

Re: Those near Ft. Stewart (savannah GA)...

• Options

I used the midwives at the Midwife Group.  They have their office and birth center on Chatham parkway.  You can choose to give birth there or at Candler.  I loved them.  I highly recomend them.

Some of my friends use Dr Edwards.  He's great too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saw Dina Linfoot.  She delivers at Memorial, don't know if that would be too far for you.  I was on standard, not sure if she gets referrals from Prime or not. It would be around a 45 min drive from Hinesville.  I think you'd be better off with the base hosp than the hospital in Hinesville.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageiluvmytxrgr:

I used the midwives at the Midwife Group.  They have their office and birth center on Chatham parkway.  You can choose to give birth there or at Candler.  I loved them.  I highly recomend them.

My friend used them as well and LOVED them.  I needed a c sec so it wasn't an option.  But she always raved about them. 

• Options
    imageiluvmytxrgr:

I will look into them. Thank you!

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Options

imagesoontobemomma:
    I saw Dina Linfoot.  She delivers at Memorial, don't know if that would be too far for you.  I was on standard, not sure if she gets referrals from Prime or not. It would be around a 45 min drive from Hinesville.  I think you'd be better off with the base hosp than the hospital in Hinesville.

I will definately see a doctor on base and deliver the baby at Winn if all else fails; Thank you for the suggestion!

• Options

Yay for your husband coming home!! :D 

I go to Low Country OBGYN- Dr. Barry Schlafstein is my doctor and his PA is Melinda. I adore EVERYONE that works at that office they are so sweet and always there is you have any questions or need anything. Even their ultrasound tech Natalie that they hire to come in is a sweetheart. I don't believe I could have found a better doctor.  I highly recommend them!

His office is located at Candler, but you can deliver at either Memorial or Candler. 

• Options
    I delivered one child at Winn, and 2 at Memorial.  Dr. Smith (with Chandler) was my OB the second time, the first I moved when I was 31ish weeks, also, so I had to stick with Winn, since we werent sure if we would be at Stewart or Hunter.  I delivered at Memorial for the NICU.  But, I LOVED Dr. Smith!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"