Health & Exercise

Tailbone pain

I had my baby on Oct 20th, she was early by a month, now I am  suffering from some tailbone pain.  Initially I thought it was from being in bed giving birth and then post birth.  However, I am still having it.  I have never had pain like this in my tailbone. 

I was reading that sometimes in birth you can fracture your (coccyx) tailbone, has anyone had this? 

Unfortunately in Canada, our post partum appt is 6 weeks after birth but if it continues I think I may have to go see someone sooner. 

Re: Tailbone pain

• Our pp check up is 2 weeks pp.

I'd get it checked out.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'm still pregnant but i just thought i'd share that i have been having pain in my hip/tailbone. it turns out that it is sciatica. it also shoots down toward my knee on the back of my leg. 

maybe your sciatic nerve got irritated? i have been in physical therapy for it. it's frustrating though bc it has affected my mobility and my ability to exercise. hope yours improves soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • I broke mine in labor.  I kept complaining of it in the hospital and they kept saying it was just from labor and would subside soon.  At Ryder's first check up with our family doctor I had him check me out too and he told me I had a broken coccyx. There is no real treatment other than P.T. from what I've been told.  I was told it would start to feel better in 2 weeks. I am a month out and it is still painful.  I ordered a seat cushion from relaxobak.com and it kinda helps. I was reffered to sports medicine doctor who told me that the recovery is a long and slow one. The best thing is to stay off of it (not sit) which is difficult because i'm nursing.  She said if it was still bothering me in a few months to come back and we would talk about a steroid injection. Until then, I use my cushion and take the IBprofen. I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • imageeagle3:

I had my baby on Oct 20th, she was early by a month, now I am  suffering from some tailbone pain.  Initially I thought it was from being in bed giving birth and then post birth.  However, I am still having it.  I have never had pain like this in my tailbone. 

I was reading that sometimes in birth you can fracture your (coccyx) tailbone, has anyone had this? 

Unfortunately in Canada, our post partum appt is 6 weeks after birth but if it continues I think I may have to go see someone sooner. 

Hi ladies! I don't usually post here, I am on TTGP, but I wanted to share this info with you. A few years ago I had a lot of pain in my tailbone, especially when sitting/laying down.  I brushed it off as being from the way I had been sitting (on the floor in a hallway while waiting for my classes to start) recently.  Turns out I had what is called a pilonidal cyst, which forms near the tailbone, that was under my skin (couldn't see it, but could feel it if I pressed on the area) and infected.  I'm not sure what kind of pain/discomfort you're having but it's worth a shot to check out this link that describes it:

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/pilonidal_cyst/article_em.htm

I know this may not be what you have but I just figured I would share since I had no clue what it was when I had it! :)

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Most likely its a polinidal cyst. You have 3 choices.... Go on Augmentin for 10 days(best choice). Have it lanced(Its a lump that becomes very painful as it starts to fill will fluid)Have surgery.(Takes 2 weeks to 2 months to heal) Good luck!
  • image2bboas:
    Most likely its a polinidal cyst. You have 3 choices.... Go on Augmentin for 10 days(best choice). Have it lanced(Its a lump that becomes very painful as it starts to fill will fluid)Have surgery.(Takes 2 weeks to 2 months to heal) Good luck!

I have had several and have never been offered augmentin, or any other medicine for that matter.  The best course of action is to have it removed, which takes about 20 minutes in the office with a shot that numbs the area.  My surgeon packs the wound and then I remove the packing 24-48 hours (I think) later and go to a follow up visit.  I've never been told it can take up to 2 months to heal. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"