April 2011 Moms

Where are you getting your nursery furniture?

I cannot find anything that really wows me.  Where are you getting your furniture from?  Can I see what you picked out as well?

Re: Where are you getting your nursery furniture?

• I am getting The Peyton by Bonavita from Buy Buy Baby. It's not listed on their website, but I saw it in the store. It costs $329.00

Bonavita

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I bought a Babi Italia crib from BRU (drop side that has since been recalled) and a convertible Graco Lauren in Espresso, also from BRU.  I actually love the Graco way more than the much more expensive BI, even before the recall happened. It's much more sturdy and has held up better to general wear and tear.  

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We are getting our furniture set from BRU, to take advantage of the 20% off all furniture sale they have now through 11/24.  We are still debating between the Bassett Baby Louise-Phillipe set or the Babi Italia Hamilton set.  Both are a little more on the expensive side, and that's why it's so important for us to take advantage of that sale!
  • We're getting the Davinci Kalani crib in white (probably from Amazon)

We're getting the white Hermes (sp?) 8-drawer dresser from Ikea

I want a big upholstered armchair/glider...now idea where we'll get that yet. Trying to get keep it under $300+ and finding that difficult.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got everything from IKEA.  We got all of this plus 2 short bookcases and a lamp for less than what most people spend on just a crib!  Whoo hoo!!!  We know it's not going to last forever, but safety changes all the time so even the most expensive could be outdated in 10 years.

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is our third and last baby so we are just getting our furniture from target online...it still looks super nice... and we got the real expensive crib for the first two and never used the convertible parts...just got different beds that the girls wanted
  • We got ours from JCPenny

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageNanna:

I bought a Babi Italia crib from BRU (drop side that has since been recalled) and a convertible Graco Lauren in Espresso, also from BRU.  I actually love the Graco way more than the much more expensive BI, even before the recall happened. It's much more sturdy and has held up better to general wear and tear.  

This is what DS has now and we've always loved it. Still don't know what we are doing for this baby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNanna:

I bought a Babi Italia crib from BRU (drop side that has since been recalled) and a convertible Graco Lauren in Espresso, also from BRU.  I actually love the Graco way more than the much more expensive BI, even before the recall happened. It's much more sturdy and has held up better to general wear and tear.  

This is what DS has now and we've always loved it. Still don't know what we are doing for this baby!

• We got ours from Walmart; Nadia by AFG.

• My dad is actually making a crib for our LO :)
  • We got the Baby Cache Heritage set in Cherry from BRU.  I wanted to wait until after Christmas, but my parents are buying it as a gift and I wanted them to be able to take advantage of the 20%. 
  • I have no idea how to post a pic or a link but we are buying the Westwood Stratton set from BuyBuy Baby if we have a boy.

https://www.westwoodbaby.com/stratton.html

If we have a girl we are buying the Munire Lexington set from a local chain (teen and crib city is the name, I think)

https://www.munirefurniture.com/lexington_01.htm

We are only looking at convertible sets so it will stay with the child as he/she grows.

Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• We are getting the Westwood Brookline from Buy Buy Baby:

https://www.westwoodbaby.com/brookline.html

Westwood got an A review in the Baby Bargains book.  We're getting the crib, dresser, and hutch.  Then next year as the baby's clothes get bigger we will buy the tall dresser and a nightstand for when we turn the crib into a bed.

I don't know if you have a BBB near you, but you can use the 20% off coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond on furniture, one coupon per piece of furniture.  They are the same company.  Hooray!

• I am 99% sure we are getting this crib. It's from JCPenney.

Black Finish "Bella" Crib by Savanna

• imageecavin:

We are getting the Westwood Brookline from Buy Buy Baby:

Westwood got an A review in the Baby Bargains book.  We're getting the crib, dresser, and hutch.  Then next year as the baby's clothes get bigger we will buy the tall dresser and a nightstand for when we turn the crib into a bed.

I don't know if you have a BBB near you, but you can use the 20% off coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond on furniture, one coupon per piece of furniture.  They are the same company.  Hooray!

I was just curious if you were able to find coupons for Bed Bath & Beyond that don't exclude furniture.  The ones I have gotten in the mail all have baby furniture on the list of exclusions.

Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• We bought the crib/changer at Kohl's when they had a sale a couple of weeks ago - think it was 20% off and free shipping.  Picture won't post clear enough to see it, but here's the link:

https://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kids/furnituredecor/babyfurniture/changingtables/PRD~744331/Europa+Baby+Seville+3in1+Convertible+Crib+and+Changer.jsp

Probably won't do a dresser just yet - we have a set we will probably move upstairs and replace ours.  Kids just beat things up so much I can't see the point in spending a lot of money on furniture, and because we will be replacing our soon anyway, it seems like a good plan.  Clothes will be tiny enough to use hanging organizers in the closet for awhile.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageblondie10m:
    imageecavin:

We are getting the Westwood Brookline from Buy Buy Baby:

I was just curious if you were able to find coupons for Bed Bath & Beyond that don't exclude furniture.  The ones I have gotten in the mail all have baby furniture on the list of exclusions.

We asked the furniture sales associate and she said that we could use those coupons and the 20% ones from Buy Buy Baby as long as they're not expired.  She also said they do price adjustments so if you buy something and then get a coupon, you can go back in and use it.

The only thing we were not able to use a coupon for was a Dutailier glider, they have price protection.  But we ended up getting a different glider anyway!  :)

• imagecirce811:

We got ours from Walmart; Nadia by AFG.

Do you already have this crib set up?  What does the matress sit on?  Is it composite wood or a spring system?

• imageleneae10:

We got everything from IKEA.  image

We are getting this crib from IKEA tomorrow, too :-) along with the Hemnes dresser.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Hello,  I received the Babi Italia Hamilton crib second hand and when putting it together, we realized that our friend only have us about half of the needed hardware.  Does anyone have this crib in storage (to-be-thrown-away) and is willing to just sell me the hardware?  I called the manufacturer but they are going out of business. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"