2nd Trimester
Options

XP: Nuvaring users, did you get pregnant while using it?

Just curious..
"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You

Re: XP: Nuvaring users, did you get pregnant while using it?

• Options
    I sure did! We found out after waiting for my period during the "off" week. Sullivan is my birth control baby!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    not when I was using it , about a month after I took it out yes, a friend of mine messed up by a week and she got pregnant right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES! I did put it in a week late, and got pregnant that month...Funny thing is is that that was going to be my last cycle using it - we were going to start trying in July, and I took it out and never got my period....I was like, well that was easy....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol So its like any other BC, use it correctly and you won't get KU. gotcha.
  • Options
    well, if you read the fine print, it says if it is out for longer than your normal 'week out' and you have it in for 7 consecutive days, and are careful for those days, then you are protected after that...we weren't 'careful' but i figured I also wasn't ovulating for the first seven days after a period, so no biggie....guess I was wrong! I have read people get pregnant pretty fast after they stop using it, although my md told me it would take at least 3 months to re-ovulate normally before I'd be likely to get pregnant....guess she was wrong too haha! fortunately, i'm happily married and was about to start trying, so my 'knocked up' situation was actually a good thing, just made me feel like i'm '16 and pregnant' or something:)
  • Options
    I have a question for you Nuvaring users: could your partner 'feel' it inside you? Embarrassed When I asked my dr about it he said some people reported their partners could feel the ring up there and sometimes it dislodged. Tongue Tied
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    I have a question for you Nuvaring users: could your partner 'feel' it inside you? Embarrassed When I asked my dr about it he said some people reported their partners could feel the ring up there and sometimes it dislodged. Tongue Tied

hmm good question... we haven't tried it yet. lol

• Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:

I used it when it was first put on the market and hated it because I could feel it almost all the time.  DH (BF at the time) said he could feel it sometimes, but that it didn't really bother him.

I also hated it because I had frequent breakthrough bleeding while on it.

• Options
    That's EXACTLY what happened to me!  What a diference a week makes!  We were going to start trying later in the summer anyway so no biggie...I just worry about what those extra hormones did to my little guy since it was in until he was ~7 weeks.
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:

I hated the pill and switched over to NuvaRing when it FIRST came out.  We tried having sex once or twice with it in, and I swear to you, my husband told me he felt like he was being stabbed!  I felt it most of the time, which was strange, but he felt assaulted by it.  Didn't work at all for us.

• Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:

I had the Nuvaring before we decided to get pregnant and LOVED it. It's nice to just pop one in and forget about it for the rest of the month. DH never felt it.

• Options

No, but I went off of it and used condoms for a few months. My 3rd month of being off of it... we were in the heat of the moment and didn't use a condom... wah-lah... a baby! :p

Also, I could feel it more than he could during sex... but it can be out for like 3 hours without having an effect of the birth control part, so we just took it out during sex and put it back in right after...

HTH 

• Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:

I used it for 3 years, and loved it.  I never felt it after first inserting it, and neither did DH.  I didn't take it out until I was supposed to.  Inserting it sometimes sucked, because it's shaped like a circle, and needs to be shaped more like an oval.

I also didn't get pregnant until going off it for over a year. 

• Options
    My second baby was a nuvaring baby.  I followed all the directions to a T never took it out unless it was time to and really liked it till I started feeling weird.  Then I was like okay wth is up cause this is what I felt like pregnant and took a test on a whim just to cross off that possibility and SURPRISE!  I was on it 3 or 4 months when I got pregnant.
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:

Nuvaring was one of the many forms of BC I tried before going off to ttc.  I liked that I didn't have to take it every day, but my DH could certainly feel it during sex, and I could, too.  It felt weird.  I always had to take it out for sex, and it was annoying to have to put it back in.  I just ended up going back on the pill, which worked much better for me now that I'm on a regular daily schedule. 

• Options

I LOVED my whole experience with the Nuvaring. I was on it for 3 years and never had a problem.. DH never said he felt it and I loved the low dose, constant medication. With the pill I would get so sick to my stomach.

We got KU one month after going off the ring. 

IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I used the ring for years with no issues however many times we also used condoms.

H's mind was more on having sex so he barely noticed it.  When I first started using it I had nightmares of having sex and it would be around like a ring toss...

• Options

neither of us ever felt it when we were having sex . my dh did end up looking like we had played ring toss with it once, pretty funny. I just loved using it because I have always been really bad about remembering to take the pill every day

• Options

I have used the NuvaRing since it first came out on the market. I used it as directed (I read the small print on the insert that came with them) and did not get pregnant. 

I asked my husband if he could feel it at all and he said he could not. Also, I never had one dislodge during sex.

Side note...I use a tampon applicator to insert the NuvaRing each month. This was a suggestion from my doctor to ensure that the ring was properly placed and would not dislodge during the month or sex.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"