Indiana Babies
Options

::Kathy::

Kathy, who is your therapist for Andrew, if you don't mind me asking. I am sure they all do several things the same way, but from what you describe it sounds like the person Evan had. If it is, she's great. If not and you want a recommendation, I can give one, LOL!!! I'm sure the person you have is great.

Also, Evan does a lot of the same things that Andrew does. Throws everything on the floor and seems like he barely eats anything. We also had to teach him to drink from a straw to get him off bottles because he had weak tongue muscles. It took a couple weeks but once he caught on, he did great with it. It was like overnight, one day he just did it. He still has some issues and we will probably have to start occupational therapy again soon with him because his tongue is always out...no matter what and he has issue with textures of foods.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you ever need any more support from a mommy who's been there (somewhat).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ::Kathy::

• Options
    And this is why I love this board.  YesYes
  • Options

imageamstep:

ditto!  Sometimes I just feel like I'm an idiot (or that people think I am) and doing everything wrong and that's why he won't eat.  Or that I'm complaining too much, but it's so frustrating on a daily basis.  More than daily. Anyways, it's nice to have someone that can relate!

His therapists name is Carolyn.  (Not sure of spelling but I could look it up.)

What about you?  My email is kathymarie81 at gmail

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelemen99:

imageamstep:

ditto!  Sometimes I just feel like I'm an idiot (or that people think I am) and doing everything wrong and that's why he won't eat.  Or that I'm complaining too much, but it's so frustrating on a daily basis.  More than daily. Anyways, it's nice to have someone that can relate!

His therapists name is Carolyn.  (Not sure of spelling but I could look it up.)

What about you?  My email is kathymarie81 at gmail

I am katiesjoberg at gmail. Evan's therapist was Colleen with Feeding Friends. She co-owns it and she is amazing. Evan just got discharged from his physical therapist last week and he was discharged from OT a couple months ago, but if he isn't any better with eating at his 15 month appt, we may be getting referred back. He eats...just a very very very limited variety of foods and will spit most of it out or throw it on the floor. He hasn't gained any weight in several months. I know that Feeding Friends does classes, so that may be someting you want to look into, I know we are.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    good to know!! thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"