Pre-School and Daycare
Options

How old was dc when you stopped cutting up foods like

Re: How old was dc when you stopped cutting up foods like

• Options

close to 3. They are two of the most choked on foods - and i'm a freak about choking hazards... a friend of mine died at age 14 from choking .... so to me, it ain't no joke.

even now when Griffin is eating them i really watch him close - make sure he doesn't jump up to play, put more than 1 grape in his mouth at a time, etc.

• Options

I don't really remember. I still cut up hotdogs if we're at home but not if she's eating one while we're out.

I haven't cut up grapes in a long time.

IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i still do. grapes, not 100% of the time, but she literally bites every.single.one in half when she eats them. or i then cut them up.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    I still do..grapes & hot dogs.
  • Options
    We don't really eat hotdots, but I rarely cut up grapes (except for right now, because my DH bought grapes with seeds). She has such a specific method for eating grapes - biting them with her front teeth first - that I'm really not too worried. I do watch her when she eats and she's always sitting down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I still cut both.
  • Options
    I still cut up hotdogs but not grapes.  I do make sure to watch her carefully when she eats them.  Like some of the other PPs mentioned, she has a method and always bites them with her front teeth before she actually eats them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD doesn't like hot dogs, but I still cut grapes in half for her most of the time. If they're smaller, I might skip it, but bigger grapes I always cut in half. I'm pretty sure at preschool they get whole grapes, which surprises me considering there are some younger 2 y.o. in her class.
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options
    I still cut hot dogs length wise but not grapes.  I feel like I am always saying, "chew that really carefully" and watching them though.  Huh?

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    My girls are 2 1/2 and 4 now and we still cut hotdogs for both most of the time - I just slice it once down the middle the long way.  Grapes, I stopped cutting them this summer but they can only eat them when we are all sitting down together and they know the rule that only 1 can be eaten at a time.  If they are really big, I will still cut them up though.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    hmmmm.  DS will be 4 in January, and I dont remember the last time i cut up grapes...maybe a year ago?  He usually asks me now if he wants his food cut up because it is too big.  Sometimes he likes to eat a hotdog in the bun now, and other times he will still ask for it to be cut up.  I dont cut it up as small as I once did tho.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"