Georgia Babies
Options

Ear Infection #3 - Vent

I wish there was a way I could ensure that #2 does not get his mommy's ears like Eli has. This is his THIRD ear infection in 6 mon, 2nd in since the end of August.

ARGGGHHHH........

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)

Re: Ear Infection #3 - Vent

• Options
    Ugh, so sorry.  That sucks!  It was totally baffling to me b/c Gavin was so healthy for his first year.  Then he turned 1 and it was one thing after another!  How long before your doc sends you for tubes?  That made such a drastic difference for Gavin.  I won't wait as long with Sophie.

• Options

Does your pedi have him come back for a recheck one he finishes the antibiotic?  I figured out with Emma that it wasn't as much that she had a bunch of ear infections as it was that she had 1 that wouldn't clear up.  We finally got a little more aggressive with treatment, I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it was a shot of something and then antibiotics for 2 weeks instead of 10 days.  Worked like a charm!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yea, he has us come back. I puffy heart Dr. Loventhal! His last ear infection took him 2 rounds to get rid of. The Dr. @ CHOA Immediate care went straight to Omnicef this time since we did amoxicillin and augmentin last time (which was aug/sept). I am calling the pedi today to get our recheck appt. I think the standard rec is >3 in 6 months sends you to ENT, but u can bet I will be asking. I could go for a pair of tubes myself. I have a lot of problems with ear infections and fluid in my ears. I got some hearing loss when I was a kid b/c of it...so I don't play with ears.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    I am so sorry!!  That sucks!!  I feel your pain as we went through this with Ava at the beginning of the year.  :(
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry :( Poor little guy!

We went through this from about 10 months to 15 months. Cadence had 4 ear infections that were counted as "separate" infections. One of them was resistent and went on for months. She had to get the series of 3 antibiotic shots to clear that one. She was 1 infection shy of getting tubes and then it just stopped and it hasn't happened since.

I know you don't have much hope he could grow out of it because of your history but I hope he feels better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"