Cloth Diapering
Options

If you have a huge stash ...

... do they all get equal use?  E.g. do you put the freshly-laundered ones at the end of the queue, and use the ones you didn't recently wash first?  I'm just curious.
Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view

Re: If you have a huge stash ...

• Options
    My stash is fairly good size (not huge, but that might be a matter of opinion), and we rotate through everything.
  • Options
    My stash is huge.  There are some diapers that haven't seen any action  (i.e. touched my baby's butt) in months.  The daycare diapers probably get used once or twice a week each.  The fitteds probably get used once or twice a week b/c we use them at home.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is decent size.  I always grab my favorites first, but eventually get through most of them.  They aren't used equally though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We rotate though just as you described, freshly laundered go in the back and we both pull from the front.  The only exception would be prefolds which DH almost never grabs so I use them all weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ours get used evenly. Pockets and aios get rotated at daycare and fitteds get rotated pretty evenly at home. There are a few that I will grab last because they aren't as soft as some of the others.
  • Options
    Ours get used evenly. We have some smalls that are put away right now because they are too small, and some larges we haven't brought in to the mix, but all the mediums and one-sizes get equal use.  We have 40 in the current rotation and I do laundry every other day.  Clean ones don't come out of the laundry room until the others are ready to be washed. FIFO :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

yes. We rotate. I move the ones that weren't used to the top and put the ones that were just washed on the bottom.

That being said, we have a lot of different styles and some get used less than others.

• Options
    Mine all get pretty equal use.
  • Options
    Mine get used equally. I am out of room in the 2 dresser drawers, so I leave the clean ones in the laundry basket and use from the drawers until they are close to empty then put the ones from the laundry basket in and start over. I need a better organization system.
  • Options

We only have enough pockets for two days of daycare, so those get used pretty frequently.  That's fine with me since I don't think pockets are cute.  :)  Fitteds on the other hand.....I have waaaay too many.  But half I bought used on Spots and the other half I bought new and all are in EUC or EEEUC.  Basically, we rotate through so none get used more than others.  We keep our fitteds in one drawer, but only half our stash fits in it, so the other half stays in a laundry basket.  When that drawer is empty, the laundry basket gets emptied into the drawer and so on and so forth.  Same process for our ever growing wool stash too.  :/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"