Parenting

Scary Neighbor

So, this neighbor of ours......

That is a real person.  Sitting totally still. The candy bowl was in his lap....so when a kid reached in to get one, he yelled, "raarrrgghhhh!" and flipped the saw on.  

S.C.A.R.Y.  

Especially for a 2 & 4 yr old.... :(  

Nat was the one to reach in, she ran away to daddy, screaming and about hyperventilating...Ben then cried.  I was hoping that since he could see out, he'd go easy on the little kids (H had watched him getting all set up and knew what was going to happen).

My husband still thinks it was funny.  We'll disagree on that one.  

I made him pull his mask up so the kids could see his face and see who it really was.   

Re: Scary Neighbor

• that's just mean... esp to little kids.  I mean really... use some common sense.  your kids will probably be scared of him for a month.  

we had a neighbor who would do this... but just to the older tweens/teens.  not the little ones.   

• That is horrible for little kids.  We went to one house where the husband was jumping out to scare the big kids, but they didn't when they saw us coming.  Thank goodness--my DD would have been terrified.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not nice.  I'm with you, not funny scaring the kids like that.  My DS cried at the very first trick or treaters that came to our door before we left.  It was a group of 12ish year old wearing really creepy masks.  Not even sure who/what they were supposed to be.  Fortunately, one of them was nice enough to take his mask off and tell DS he was only pretending.
    Susie, mom to DS 4/10/07 and DD 3/6/09 (MC 9/05, 2/06) Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That is horrible!  It would have ruined my sons entire night.  He is so shy and this was his first year actually ToT'ing and he would have FLIPPED!  I was worried about some one doing this to him, thankfully, no one did.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My issue is that this is the ONE thing they will always remember about tonight.  Ben had already mentioned it about 5x since we came home before he went to bed. 

I'm usually all for fun & pranks but I hate that they totally have forgotten about all the nice people that said nice things about their costumes and the fun parts of TOTing.  

darn men.  

His wife brought a couple of their kids over later and I told her and she kinda rolled her eyes, so maybe she'll give him an earful!

• NSLNSL member
    That's horrible.  My son was terrified of people in masks the first year we went trick-or-treating, and I'm not sure I would even be speaking to a neighbor who pulled a stunt like that on such little kids.  Eggs might just have a little run-in with his car too.
  • ugh, that's just mean.  I mean, it's funny for older kids, but know your audience!

and even worse that he has kids of his own and still did it.  I'd send my kids over at 3am when they wake up from having a nightmare.  Douche.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So, that was a real saw.....  that seems like a really good idea!   Wow.
  • That's awful!!  A couple of our neighbors went overboard, but they came out to give the girls candy when they saw them coming knowing they were too timid to go to the door.  Funny for older kids.  Not so much for the little ones.  My girls would have been hysterical and they'd probably have nightmares tonight, but they're both very very timid.
  • Mean, just plain mean.  There was a lady dressed as a scary witch at one house we went to, but when she saw my little ones, she took out her teeth, took off her hat and said "see, it is a costume, I have make up on too.  I don't mean to scare you"  Thought that was nice of her.
    Michelle Mommy to Kayleigh, Audrey and Faith. image
  • I think it's Psycho of your neighbor to do that to little kids.
  • EMTEMT member

imageCarol*Brady:
    I think it's Psycho of your neighbor to do that to little kids.

YEP! The older ones seem to really enjoy being scared like that but it really is mean to scare the young ones sh!tless. I think dd would have peed her pants. There was one house that had a scary guy just sitting there but he knew not to scare the kids. That alone was enough for DD to want to come home though.

• How awful for the kids.

We went past a house, and a guy in a mask was hiding behind the car. I think he saw we had little kids and didn't try to scare them. I was fully prepared to rip him a new one if he jumped out at Tucker.

• My DD would have just talked to him LOL  DS would have run away screaming.  She was all "heyy, I like your skeleton" to one of the really creepy ones. 

He should have eased up a bit for the little kids though.  Not cool.  And a real saw?  yeesh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"