Breastfeeding
Options

Exclusively Breastfeeding?

So I've always referred to the way I nurse as Exclusively breastfeeding because I never give a bottle or anything just breastfeed.  It seems as though some people here say they are EBFing even if they give bottles though.  I don't have a problem with people giving bottles but I just choose not to do it that way- I guess I'm just confused as to the phrase EBF and what exactly it means if that makes sense.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exclusively Breastfeeding?

• Options
    NSLNSL member
    EBF typically means that your baby gets nothing but breastmilk, even when he/she gets bottles while at daycare or with your spouse.
  • Options
    I go by the WHO definition that an "exclusively breastfeed baby" gets only breastmilk, no other foods or liquids, but that this includes expressed milk (and vitamins).  I've exclusively breastfeed since day 1 since my baby has never had formual, but have NOT exclusively nursed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I always considered it to mean that the baby ONLY had breast milk -- no formula, etc.

(It's my goal! Sigh.)

• Options

Now that DD is eating meals and snacks, I just say that I BF.  

BM bottles still count toward EBF.  Even when I was staying at home, there were occasions when I had to go out and leave DH with a bottle. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageNSL:
    EBF typically means that your baby gets nothing but breastmilk, even when he/she gets bottles while at daycare or with your spouse.

I agree with this.  I EP so Tristan does not get the boob.  But he does not get formula so I considered myself EBF. 

I guess you are Exclusively Nursing. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"