Infertility
Options

Intro...come, greet me....

Hey Ladies,

I used to post here in early 2010, when we had just reached a year of TTC and were headed to the RE for testing. The 3T board picked up after that, and I moved over there since I thought it would be a better fit.

Unfortunately...

We're still childless. We did an IUI last week, but I'm not hopeful. If there was ever a month that I was going to buy into the whole "maybe you're too stressed to get pregnant" bullsh!t this would be it. We're taking a break after this cycle to pay down debt and save up money, so it will be another couple months before we try again. 

For those of you who have taken breaks, how do you get through it? I hate the feeling of standing still in regards to IF....

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Struggled with IF from 2008-2011.
Surprise Pregnancy 02/11!

Re: Intro...come, greet me....

• Options

I'm laughing at your intro. Sounds like you have my dry sense of humor Wink I'm sorry you have to be back here but I hope you won't have to stick around very long.

Currently I am on an extended break myself. I had a massive storm of things come up at once to force it...bough a foreclosure that needed to be completely overhauled in May, got laid off two weeks later, etc.... So here I am just waiting to be back in the game. I am trying to lose some weight in the meantime to help my chances. We are 100% oop so I have no idea when we will have enough saved again.I have to say that the time has flown by though. It really has. I try to not let myself dwell on things. Of course there are good days and bad ones but I manage.

Anyway...GL with everything.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • Options
    Welcome! Sorry you're back on this board. Good luck! 
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome back! Sorry you have to be here.
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageRachael07.07.07:

I'm laughing at your intro. Sounds like you have my dry sense of humor Wink I'm sorry you have to be back here but I hope you won't have to stick around very long.

Currently I am on an extended break myself. I had a massive storm of things come up at once to force it...bough a foreclosure that needed to be completely overhauled in May, got laid off two weeks later, etc.... So here I am just waiting to be back in the game. I am trying to lose some weight in the meantime to help my chances. We are 100% oop so I have no idea when we will have enough saved again.I have to say that the time has flown by though. It really has. I try to not let myself dwell on things. Of course there are good days and bad ones but I manage.

Anyway...GL with everything.

Yes, I do have a dry sense of humor. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

We're 100% OOP too. If it comes down to it, we want to do the IVF refund program through our RE, which is around $17,000 plus meds for 3 IVFs and 3 FETs.  I'm hoping it won't come to that.

• Options

Welcome, sorry you have to be here.

We're currently on a break too and it's been a nice change from all the doctors and needles. I stay busy with lots of drinking, girls nights out, dates with H, shopping, crafts and decorating our house. Some days are much harder than I'd like and we're looking forward to cycling in a few months.

TTC since April 2008

Me: PCOS/Amenorrhea DH: Azoospermia due to Y Chromosome Micro Deletion IVF w/ ICSI on hold until further notice

Hope

• Options

Welcome to the board!  I am so sorry you have to be here.  I hope you get your BFP soon!!!!  GL!!!!

As far as taking breaks from ART...Dh and I have taken a few, it's a little rough in the beginning b/c you just want to keep going, but it's short lived and you just continue with your life as usual.  Maybe you travel a little more, GTG more often w/ family & friends, focus more on you and your DH, etc....Anything to keep you and your mind busy from thinking about IF.

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • Options
    imageamy0610:
    imageRachael07.07.07:

Yes, I do have a dry sense of humor. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

We're 100% OOP too. If it comes down to it, we want to do the IVF refund program through our RE, which is around $17,000 plus meds for 3 IVFs and 3 FETs.  I'm hoping it won't come to that.

I doubt you offended anyone. I always wonder the same thing but I've been here for years now so I really think I would have found out about it if I did, lol.

When we come back we are going to probably do shared risk as well. For us it would be 20k for 3 fresh + any frozen. I have to get my bmi lower to take advantage of SR though, hence the weight loss plan. Before that I am having ovary drilling done. Fun times.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • Options

Welcome back.  

Good luck and I hope you're wrong about your IUI!

As far as breaks... I'd love to say I try to forget about my IF, but it's always on my mind.  So I try to just live my life for me instead of planning around my cycle, treatments, etc.

I still hang out on this board b/c of all the wonderful gals- I feel like they're part of a family- and if I stopped posting while on a break, you'd forget who I was when I came back.

Any new hobbies you've been wanting to try?  I've been trying to catch up on my books, bake more, try new recipes, and have been doing a lot of obedience classes w/ my pup.  I try to line up short term goals to keep myself focused/distracted.  

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Believe me, I could easily (and temporarily) shop away my troubles, travel, and redecorate. BUT....we're trying to save money. Booo. so I need to find free things to do to keep me occupied. And being with friends is kind of a toss up since the majority have kids. Stupid IF.
  • Options
    Welcome back, so sorry you have to be here.  I've been ttc for now close to 3 years.  At the beginning of this year we decided to take a break, it had been really stressful and we had some things going on in our life to take care of.  Hopefully you can move off here soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome back!  When we've taken breaks I've actually kind of enjoyed it because while IF never leaves your mind, it was nice to not worry about it.   GL to you!
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    welcome I am pretty much in same boat all OOP and have to go cycle to cycle not knowing if it will be doable. Just wish money wasn't an issue to be a loving parent, hang in there and there are lots of us who can give you support.
  • Options

Get a whole stack of trashy romance novels from the library and immerse yourself in teh setaminess of Fabio! ha ha ha! I have taken up reading a lot lately - not so much the romance but more the mystery. Our cable got fried in a power surge 2 months ago and I have refused to get it repaired. There is jsut too much stuff on TV that is depressing! I found myself watching obsessively all of those pregnancy and bringing home baby, and "I had a million kids" shows on TLC and that just was NOT healthy. Now ithout TV I am much more happy - you don't find  a lot of baby references in mystery novels!

I've also started quilting which I'm loving!!! No baby quilts! Just suyper cool and modern quilts. Keeps me busy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

• Options

Hi and welcome. I am sorry you have to be here.

I get thru breaks - mine were due to a timing schedule - in some ways i was slightly relieved as I was myself again -- not worried about going to DR appointments, or all hormoned-up.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options
    Thanks for the support and the hobby suggestions ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"