Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

wtf... meltdown while handing out halloween candy

I'm so not usually like this but I burst into tears tonight while handing out Halloween candy. My neighbors came by with their ADORABLE son (4) and daughter (2), and it just completely overwhelmed me. Thank goodness it was already dark out and I could wipe the tears on my long sleeves.

Now I'm inside eating the candy instead of handing it out - nursing my raw emotions. Need to get ahold of myself!

ETA: Since they are mini Twix's they dont count, right?!

Re: wtf... meltdown while handing out halloween candy

• Options
    Yeah. I hear ya. We were supposed to go a party earlier today with my co-workers.  They all have little kids and we are the only ones without. I couldn't stand the thought of sitting there with a smile on my face watching all of those cute kids so we didn't go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I forgot to say enjoy your candies! Mini Twix totally don't count! ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

awww i'm so sorry hon. I understand, it's hard.

Every time a young child comes to the door I get teary... it was 2 years ago today I was told I was miscarrying :(

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know what you mean! This one couple comes by with approx. 1 yr. old twins...one dressed as a zebra and one as a giraff. The zebra tried to come inside the house. The dad said "Could I leave one with you?" I was like "YEA...I would LOVE that!" UHGG!
  • Options
    I did the SAME thing!  We were driving through my parents neighborhood and all these parents were walking around with their adorable kids and I started crying!!  I just want that SO bad.  Oh, not to mention that I had to deal with Sunday brunch out at a restaurant with literally every table filled with couples with babies.  
  • Options
    I am sorry ((hugs)) I hope the mini Twix helps! Those are my favorite.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    shake it off ladies!! We're stronger than that.  And remember, we don't know the road any of those parents traveled to get to where they are with their cute kiddos.  Be thankful for what you have right at this moment and know that your time will come when you'll be walking your adorable cowboy, ladybug, ninja, or princess around the neighborhood collecting candy.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    I didn't cry, I looooved seeing all of the little ones in their cute costumes, but I was hit multiple times that I want a little one to take trick or treating.  I made myself not dive into the bowl of chocolate, but it was hard.
  • Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    shake it off ladies!! We're stronger than that.  And remember, we don't know the road any of those parents traveled to get to where they are with their cute kiddos.  Be thankful for what you have right at this moment and know that your time will come when you'll be walking your adorable cowboy, ladybug, ninja, or princess around the neighborhood collecting candy.

I know you are so right. That is exactly what I told myself. Last Halloween I remember being a bit sad a few times, this year it just got the better of me. Thanks for the reminder.

• Options

I too was being a bit nostalgic with the little ones at my door...but also keep in mind that with trick or treating comes little  kids wanting to eat ALL the candy in one night and throwing fits when its taken away...not to mention all the sugar rushes! So, even though we all want that cute cowboy to haul around the neighborhood, keep in mind the reality that most of those parents are having later on tonight. Not that I'm not looking forward to it all...it does help me keep things in perspective...It helps me anyway...

Happy Halloween! 

• Options

imageStephK:
    I didn't cry, I looooved seeing all of the little ones in their cute costumes, but I was hit multiple times that I want a little one to take trick or treating.  I made myself not dive into the bowl of chocolate, but it was hard.

This.

Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"