Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

MIL vent for your enjoyment

MIL is not coming to DS's b-day party because she "doesn't like" my mom. She is 54 years old and she can't put aside her differences with my mom for 1 hr and show support for her son and grandson. To boot, MIL wanted to get DS a cozy coupe (red and yellow car) for his birthday but DH told her my mom already had. She thinks that my mother conspired to get said car for DS because she wanted to make MIL look bad. MIL claims she told my mom at Christmas last year she was going to get DS one. LMAO Yes, my mom has that much time on her hands to remember what MIL planned for DS birthday 11 months ago.
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: MIL vent for your enjoyment

• Options

Ha. I hear you.

My MIL always becomes "un-well" (for effect please put the back of your hand against your forhead while saying this) for events like this. Like clockwork it started last week. I doubt she will be at LO's 1st birthday. We will get a last minute phone call like always. 

BTW - There is ABSOLUTLEY nothing wrong with her. 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDiscusCoach:

Ha. I hear you.

My MIL always becomes "un-well" (for effect please put the back of your hand against your forhead while saying this) for events like this. Like clockwork it started last week. I doubt she will be at LO's 1st birthday. We will get a last minute phone call like always. 

BTW - There is ABSOLUTLEY nothing wrong with her. 

A bit off topic, but apparently my grandmother did this every time my mom tried to have a birthday party as a child... my grandmother had this thing, where she'd completely black out if something were to go against what she wanted and she couldn't get out of it... it ended up working against her one of the last times she did it, because mom called the ambulance (she hadn't had a spell like that in YEARS prior to this event, and it brought back memories for mom of her doing this when mom planned bday parties...). We think it was psychosematic(sp?) because she did this whenever she saw somebody smoking... she'd get somewhere where she could sit down (like the car) and then black out... but if she were near someone smoking and never saw them, she was perfectly fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"