Stay at Home Moms
Options

Blessings & Battles

It's Friday- TGIF!

What did you find very challenging this week? What battles did you face?

What were your blessings?

As always it doesn't have to be SAH related!

Have a good weekend everyone! Happy Halloween

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Blessings & Battles

• Options

Oh my challenges this week... Well, I am sort of job searching now due to DH's hours being cut back (not happy about that but gotta do what we gotta do) and DD is being weened off the pacifier since she has lost all of hers and I refuse to buy another one, so our days have been filled with tons of tantrums and no sleep.

My Blessings this week have been: Getting to go to DD's Halloween parties at their schools and being able to watch a few tv shows that I enjoy :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    P.S. Happy Halloween to you all too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Challenges- I haven exhausted this week.  EXHAUSTED!

Battles- LO is kind of being a picky eater.  Food that she liked are now foods she doesn't like.  So we having been working on new food ideas.

Blessings- Getting our BFP!  Charlotte starting signing two more signs.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options

My biggest challenge has been getting that "playing hookey" knot in the bottom of my stomach to go away. I keep thinking I'm going to go back to work next week and they're going to be realllllllly mad at me. I've even had dreams about it! ;)

My blessings were having lunch with an old friend, setting up lots of fun plans for the next few weeks and most of all getting more than usual time with DH, who only travelled Mon & Tues this week. :)

Happy Halloweenie!  

• Options

blessings - the new house. i love the space. i love that we chose the colors, and that i get my sewing room. dd has also been sleeping really good lately.

battle - the unpacking. we've been here nearly a month and i still have many boxes. ugh. dh has been at the old house late every day working on it, so that sucks.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Blessings: We have had 2 Halloween parties already and the kids have had so much fun. DS is a police man this year and he LOVES his costume. Watching his face light up when I got it back out of the closet for him to wear to story hour yesterday made my day..He hasn't taken it off except for bath and bed since yesterday morning.

Battles: DS and DD both have been SOOOO needy this week. I have not gotten anything done this week because they are constantly wanting my attention and by the time they go to bed I am exhausted.

Thanksgiving is also a battle this week. We have made several extra trips to visit family in the last 6 months and have to go twice in December so we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving. You would have thought we told them we were never coming to visit again. Neither of our families have traditions or big get togethers for Thanksgiving so I don't understand what the big deal is. SMIL is psycho and causing even more problems about it too. I am tired of driving, the kids are tired of being in the car so much, and it gets expensive in gas and eating out.  They are all more than welcome to our house if they want but I am NOT getting back in that car for that long drive until December!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

My battle this week is my house. I just can't keep up with it and the laundry. Friggin' story of my life.

I am truly blessed to be the mom of my DD. Everyday I am amazed at what she says, discovers and I get to hear her giggles. DH and I had a great date night tonight too.

We also booked a trip to Disney for Memorial Day. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

Challenging/battles: Serious terrible 3's with DD, along with a progesterone storm that led to me screaming like Mommy Dearest and then bawling like a baby lol.

Blessings: A DD and DH that still love me even though my hormones are raging, and DH having a job interview today (pray pray pray!)

• Options

Battles:

Discussing getting a new vehicle

Super, super windy days

Having DH home from work.  Wish I could play PS3 for hours at a time.Confused

Blessings:

Despite the incredible wind gusts we had for 2 days, we didn't have a lot of damage.  Just some stuff scattered across the lawn.

DH also fits in this category.  He *finally* helped take a ton of stuff into a local thrift store.  We can walk in our storage room again!

Having a great group of people to hang with tonight!  They go all out to dress up and have a great, drama-free time:)

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What did you find very challenging this week? My middle son is a huge challenge for me. He is so stubborn and it just irks me. He has a hard time when B is away, so it's frustrating. I just cannot seem to reach him and calm his little spirit when Daddy is away. Ugh.

What battles did you face? My stepdad had his second round of chemo T and W this week. I feel so bad being here and not able to go down there to help, clean... cook. Hopefully, B will be home during next months treatment so I can help.

We also had to bring one of our service members from Iraq. His father in law suffered a massive heart attack. He is stable, but not improving like the Dr's were hoping.

What were your blessings? I had a GREAT work day at the Virginia Zoo. My booth had a huge line all day, and the KIDS were so excited to see "BOOKS Mommy BOOKS!" It filled me up to see that I sell a product that I can be proud of. My kids LOVED their babysitter (my h's cousin). She did an amazing job. I was gone from 8-4 and she rocked it! Got them down for a nap, didn't let them have sweets or sodas... SO PROUD!

The service member we had to bring back arrived safe and sound. He is able to there with his wife during this tough time for her and the family. Makes me proud to be working with my H's unit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"