Cincinnati Babies
Options

first time parent realization : (

Having a child that's sick/not feeling well/ in pain - is a heart wrenching feeling. Although, KYMelissa's post made me realize that it probably never gets easier. DS is running a fever from his shots today. He was screaming so loud that my ears are still ringing. After about half an hour (probably when the tylenol kicked in) he fell asleep on my chest. So I'm sitting downstairs on the couch with DS, too nervous to sleep. Hopefully when I take his temp again, it's gone down some. But damn, that first high fever is kind of scary! I'm sure this is the first of a million things about DS that will have me losing sleep. I know plenty of people go through way more than just a fever, I just wasn't expecting for me to freak out so much! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: first time parent realization : (

• Options
    Hang in there mama.  You're right it never gets easier.  I was so scared on Thursday night when DH called and told me how high his fever was.  I waited at work for them to get to the hospital, but it was so hard to concentrate on my patients.
  • Options
    It is so scary! I remember trying to be very calm about her first really high fever, but we ended up in urgent care with a double ear infection and from then on, I was freakishly alert to fevers. It is terrifying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw your post on FB. I hope he's feeling better. I don't know why, but every time my kids get a fever I feel panicky. I hate it. 
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"