December 2010 Moms

s/o bellybuttons, anyone have an UGLY former belly piercing?

I got my belly button pierced when I was 16 and took it out before we started TTC, thinking it would get all stretched and misshapen, plus I didn't really feel like I needed/wanted it anymore now that I'm older.

Well, now the scar from it looks AWFUL!  Because my belly button has partly popped out, both holes are visible and around one of them the skin is much darker (like the linea nigra, but bigger).  It is so ugly.  I hope it goes at least somewhat back to normal looking after this pregnancy!  Anyone else?

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
Me: 32  DH: 32
BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
TTC #2 since 5/2014
BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
BFP #3
: 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
**all AL welcome**

image image
TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
Scumbag Penguin

Re: s/o bellybuttons, anyone have an UGLY former belly piercing?

• Mine looks horrible... I left mine in with DS1. The doctor had to cut it off on the operating table b/c my c section was an emergency.

Yes I was young and dumb for leaving it in! But it never ended up looking the same after DS1 10 yrs ago. Hopefully you will have more luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was wearing my belly button ring up til July, when it started to look stretch so I took it out.  Now I have a 1/2 long pink line with two big old holes it about 1/3 above what remains of my belly button.  I looks like it should be painful and inflamed, but it's not.  I too hope it will shrink back down and look less like some kind of freaky scar.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine doesn't look too bad but my belly button hasn't popped out yet, it's still pretty flat. You can see the holes where it was and it's kind of red around that area but it's not that bad. I did take mine out a couple years ago though, maybe that has something to do with it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Me!  I got mine when I was like 19 or so.  I took it out a few years ago.  I can only see the top scar, but it's not pretty.  It kind of bugs me.  I love how my pregnant belly looks, except for the stupid belly button scar.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, I haven't worn a belly button ring for years, but the scar is a little yuck. My linea negra is super dark and my now flat belly button is darker too. Then I have to dark spots where the piercing used to be. I am guessing this is all happening because of my darker skin.

• Lovely.  At least I'll have a cautionary tale to tell my daughter (if I have a daughter) someday when she wants to get her belly button pierced.... "Well, honey, let me just tell you.  It gets UGLY during pregnancy."

Not that 16-year-old me would have been at all persuaded by that argument!

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• I'm there with you!

My top hole is red like a severe stretch mark or something infected, but it's not infected. The bottom hole is now outside my belly button - it was inside-ish before and it makes a weird bump.

I don't regret getting it because it served me well for years and why regret something you can't change anyway? But I do hope it goes back to somewhat normal.

Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I had mine done when I was 18 and I did keep mine in until about a month ago. I only took it out because the skin had stretched really thin over it and I was terrified of ripping it out and then it being really ugly. I had a maternity ring, one of the cheap plastic ones and apparently I am allergic to the plastic so I gave up. It hasn't healed up and I don't think it will close anyways. So I will probably pop it back in when the belly goes down.

I have really pale skin so the top of it stretched out a little and is red and has a little tiny stretch mark on it but other than that it really doesn't look too terrible.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got mine pierced at 18 and in less than a year it was ripped out (ouch). I had a very light scar where it was that has gotten darker, but I'm hoping it goes back to normal after.
  • Wow, I am glad I read this post! I still have mine in (with a pregnancy ring, but a good quality one, not the kind a PP described) and it's looking terrible these days. There is just a big red line running from the top hole to the bottom hole (stretch mark?) and each hole looks super inflamed though it doesn't hurt or aything. I was thinking of just giving up and taking it out, hoping to minimize the damage but if it's going to look like shiz anyway, I'm going to keep it. I don't show my belly ever, and definitely won't now that I've got stretch marks to boot, so it's not about vanity at all, it's just that I've had it for so long and I had so many problems with it before (infections, metal allergies, etc.) that it seems a shame to get rid of it now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes! I had the top and the bottom pierced and I'm really not sure what the heck is going on with the bottom one. It almost looks as if maybe scar tissue is ripping or something...not pretty...
  • imagelulu8109:
    Me!  I got mine when I was like 19 or so.  I took it out a few years ago.  I can only see the top scar, but it's not pretty.  It kind of bugs me.  I love how my pregnant belly looks, except for the stupid belly button scar.

I'm in the same situation... I am okay with my big belly, and even my popped belly button, but the scar from my piercing which I haven't had for a decade kind of sucks.  I had no idea it would get so dark and icky!

• Yeah, I had a belly ring at 18, which got really infected and had to be removed around 20. I have always had a tiny scar just above my belly button from the top part of the ring. I now have a nasty stretch mark spreading from it. Its all red and stretched- it looks really awful. DH even said something about it the other day. Sad
  • yup, me too.  i took it out last january, and the scars look a little gross.  hopefully it goes back!
  • imagelulu8109:
    Me!  I got mine when I was like 19 or so.  I took it out a few years ago.  I can only see the top scar, but it's not pretty.  It kind of bugs me.  I love how my pregnant belly looks, except for the stupid belly button scar.

This exactly.  I had mine done when I was 19 and it "migrated" out under a year later.  Nine years later = annoying red scar.

Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• imagelulu8109:

This exactly.  I have one tiny (like a half of an inch) stretch mark that goes from the bottom of my piercing toward my belly button...weird. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"