Austin Babies
Options

How long would YOU wait to hold LO if YOU were sick?

DH is sick. I made him stay home from work today otherwise he would have gone in. I HATE it when people go into work sick so I was not about to let him leave the house. He said he's had a mild fever all day at it's highest  was 101.5. I think it finally broke about 8pm and he's says he's feeling much better. I think the only thing he's fighting now is a stomach that feels like it's in knots.

How long do you think he should go with out holding or caring for Jack? The LAST thing I want is a sick baby on my hands. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long would YOU wait to hold LO if YOU were sick?

• Options

I was sick when Layna was a newborn, I'm trying to remember how old she was then.  Maybe 3 months?

I had to hold her, I was the only one to take care of her.  DH couldn't take off work.  I washed my hands obsessively and didn't put my face anywhere near hers.

• Options

With as little as your LO is, 24 hours without fever.

Now, I don't let DH off the hook unless he feels really really bad ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got over being really sick.  I was sick her entire second and third week home.  I had a fever of 104, chills, felt really weak, horrible abdominal pain and diarrhea for two miserable weeks until we finally figured out what was wrong with me.  I had no choice but to hold her because I'm nursing her.  I did pump so DH and my parents could give her bottles to give me a chance to rest, but I was still around her and held her, changed her diapers, fed her, etc.  Having to take care of a newborn while sick is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I guess I'm not much help... just wanted to say that I was still around DD while I was sick and she didn't get sick (knock on wood).
  • Options

imagelabbielover07:
    I just got over being really sick.  I was sick her entire second and third week home.  I had a fever of 104, chills, felt really weak, horrible abdominal pain and diarrhea for two miserable weeks until we finally figured out what was wrong with me.  I had no choice but to hold her because I'm nursing her.  I did pump so DH and my parents could give her bottles to give me a chance to rest, but I was still around her and held her, changed her diapers, fed her, etc.  Having to take care of a newborn while sick is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I guess I'm not much help... just wanted to say that I was still around DD while I was sick and she didn't get sick (knock on wood).

This makes me feel better. Well, not that you were sick but that your newborn didn't get sick. Having the flu is awful!

Thanks for the advice everybody. I'm going to take him out all afternoon running errands. I might take him over to MIL house for a few hours so I can get some other errands run and just let DH rest. 

I'm trying to decide who is a bigger baby....Jack or DH. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"