Birth Stories
Options

Less than 12 hours...

I broke the cycle in my family.  I'm the only one in 3 generations on my Moms side to have my water break on it's own.  I was due 7.15 and I just happened to see the dr that day.  He decided he wanted to induce the following Thurs (7.22).  I had already prepared myself at the beginning of my pregnancy for induction.  So I figured he'd say that.

My hubby got home at 6:15ish in the morning the following Monday (7.19) and we "did what we could" to try and get labor started.  :)  About an hour later, just laying in bed, I felt a pop and a gush of water.  I went into the bathroom and I was shocked to find it'd broke on it's own.  It was so much liquid I had to hold a towel between my legs -- one hand in the front and one hand in the back.  (Sorry TMI) 

We packed up the rest of our hospital necessities and drove an hour and a half to get to the birthing center we'd chosen (the hospital where we live is TERRIBLE).  They broke my second bag at 9:17 am, got me all hooked up to all the "stuff," gave me my pitocin, and our little guy was here after 30 minutes of pushing at 6:53 pm that same day.

I had myself all worked up over nothing.  Everything went awesome except MY dr was performing 13 c-sections that day (out of 15 births).  So I had a different dr who turned out to be a jerk.  I'd never even met him before.  Other than that, it was perfect.  :)

Re: Less than 12 hours...

• Options
    imageVictoriamae1985:

Everything went awesome except MY dr was performing 13 c-sections that day (out of 15 births).  

Whoa - there is something seriously wrong with that picture! I sure wouldn't want to be the 10th, 11th, etc. c-section performed in a single day. Surgeon fatigue.

Congratulations on your new baby and best wishes for a quick recovery. 

• Options

Even worse than that, the jerk Dr that delivered my little one asked me if I "was too tired to keep pushing."  It was only about 15 minutes into it too.  I made it 100% clear to him to keep his mouth shut and just deliver my baby.   Seems like the birthing center was c-section happy, that's for sure.

Thanks for the congrats.  It's been an amazing past 6 weeks.  He's getting so big...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your story! 
  • Options
    Hey, thanks.  It's been amazing.  Sure do love being a mommy.  The smiles and giggles are heartwarming...Smile 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"