Maryland Babies
Options

Anyone have Kaiser Insurance?

Hey..

My DH and I are TTC and we have Kaiser Permanente insurance. I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice about pregnancy, delivery, and pediatricians under Kaiser's insurance plan. I don't have an OB-GYN yet (as I just switched to this plan) but I'm hoping to get one that delivers at GBMC. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have Kaiser Insurance?

• Options

I delivered at GBMC, but I have Cigna...I'll share anyway in case they take Kaiser. 

I see Charles Street OBGYN at GBMC.  Three docs there, two male and one female, Dr. Erdman.  One of them will deliver your child, not some random on-call doc.  They are all very good and I felt very well treated with this practice.  They also have later evening appts on M and W, which worked well for my schedule.

https://www.csobgyn.com/files/practice_information.html

For ped, DD sees Dr. Mary Jo Minton at Pediatric Partners in Towson, right next to the Applebees on Joppa Rd.  It is a big practice with many peds...a lot of the girls on here use them too.  We wanted a female pedi, but Dr. Feldman (male) is often raved about on here as well.  Fantastic hours at this practice too....Sat and some Sun in addition to later weekday nights!

https://www.pediatricpartnersmd.net/towson.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Even if someone else has Kaiser, they may not have the same plan. Your best bet is to call your insurance company to find out what your benefits are and who takes them. It's a good idea to find out your benefits even if you know your dr accepts the insurance because pregnancy benefits can be weird. For example some people have no copay, some have a one time copay, some have a copay at each visit. It's good to be informed so you can be sure your bills are correct. While you have them on the phone, if you plan to breastfeed, find out if they cover pumps. Some do and it never hurts to ask!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to have Kaiser and went to the White Marsh and Lutherville centers. I saw Dr. Christine Sohn-Woo, and absolutely loved her. I know I was taken to GBMC for a D&C so it's likely I would have delivered there. I had a great experience with Kaiser.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"