Adoption
Options

amazingkel please come in

Hi, I read your response about trying to get re-certified to adopt again. I also experienced the same response in my county. They would not help me because we only wanted to adopt and not foster. Have you tried checking with your surrounding counties? We live in a small county and a large surrounding county was more than willing to take care of our homestudy and training. Maybe this is something you could try? Good luck!
The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley

Re: amazingkel please come in

• Options

Thanks so much for paging me!  Isn't is disheartening when you are SO willing to do something, and the door gets slammed in your face?  The worst part is that I contacted them for a couple of weeks before FINALLY getting someone on the phone.  I explained our entire situation via voicemail and email, and never got a response.  Finally after two weeks of trying, I picked up the phone again and called and lo and behold she answered.  When she heard it was me, she sounded frustrated, like oh great, now I have to explain everything to her.  well, ya you do.  Whatever.

I called and left a message at the office of a surrounding county's agency.  No response.  Great, thanks.  I happened to call Florida Baptist Children's Home, which is a group home here for kids, as well as foster kids, and they also license foster homes, as well as do private infant adoption.  The social worker explained the SAME thing to me that the agency I worked with before did.  Blah.  But, it did lead me to our new road, which is to pursue infant adoption through Florida Baptist.  They base the rate for the adoption off of 10% of your gross annual income.  So, for us, it is much more reasonable to cover the cost.  The process may take a little longer, as they have a waiting list right now for adoptive parents, but I am very excited.  She said I should have my application this week or next, and that then once they receive that and it is approved, we can move forward with the homestudy because we are already MAPP Certified.

I am still going to follow up with the agency in the other county, but for some reason, I feel like I am beating a dead horse with them right now!

Good luck to you too!!!!

• Options

You are so welcome! This is a great board and everyone has been so kind and supportive. It sounds like you are on a good path. The waiting can be so frustrating. There are no parenting classes scheduled in the county we are working with until January. :( Please keep us updated on your proogress. I will be anxious to see how things go. My prayers are with you!

The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"