Houston Babies
Options

when do i need to start thinking about/interviewing childcare?

i'm due at the end of feb.  the plan is to teach 2 days a week during the fall, when the munchkin will be about 6 months old.

i'm in the woodlands area, so any recommendations would be appreciated as well.

thanks.

Have you seen my monkey?

Re: when do i need to start thinking about/interviewing childcare?

• Options
    It doesn't hurt to look now, just to get a feel for what's out there and just in case there is a wait list for your favorite place.  Check out some of the large local churches, they generally have programs ranging from MDO to full time care.
  • Options
    I would start now, places can book up very quickly. I am due in November, we booked our spot in July (I was about 21-22 weeks) and they didn't have anything available until the middle of February so thats what we had to go with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm near you and we send DS to Gateway Baptist on Rayford. He goes 5 days a week in the daycare program, but they also have a MDO program during the school year that is 2-3 days per week. Very reasonably priced and we've had no issues with the facility or staff at all.

FWIW,  I've had 2 of DS' classmates' parents tell me they were not impressed with the Primrose School on Rayford.

• Options
    are there any MDO programs not affiliated with churches?  i'm a atheist and am not comfortable at all in churches.  religion is going to be all DH.
    Have you seen my monkey?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"