breastfeeding — The Bump
Alaska Babies

breastfeeding

Hello all!  I want to breastfeed when my baby is due but I do have to go back to work.  I am going to need a breastpump and reading through all of the information online is sort of making me feel a little panicked (electric vs manual, single pump or double, brands, bags, etc...).  Do any of you mamas out there have any suggestions?

Re: breastfeeding

• I prefered the double electric, its allows you to do both at once which makes it go faster, make sure you pump frequently that way you can freeze it as well.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• imageSpookster:
    I prefered the double electric, its allows you to do both at once which makes it go faster, make sure you pump frequently that way you can freeze it as well.

Yes    This!

• Loading the player...
  • I was lucky with DD, I got to stay home for 8 months before starting my job, and then nursed her until she was 15 months but never had to pump because I was just supplementing with my milk by then.  But with this LO I will be going back after 6 or 9 weeks, I have chosen the Medela Pump in Style advanced pump.  Breastfeeding is a wonderful experience, just to warn you though (because no one warned me) it hurts too until your nipples get used to it especially if LO isn't getting a correct latch.  While on ML make sure your baby gets used to nursing and gets a good latch so when your home you don't have to use the bottle.  DD only had the boob so she would never take the bottle, I think it would work the same with using the bottle first then the boob, s/he would not know what to do with it.  But I am in the same boat with you I looked into different pumps and this one had really good rating from women that have used it.  Hope this helps some, GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards