Health & Exercise
Options

Why is it so hard now?

How come exercising seems so hard now? It's like i'm in a totally different body and I can't stand it! I know birth totally changes your body...but is it like this forever?? My back and hips kill me and I feel like a ton of bricks if I try to jog (not to mention my boobs are really hard to manage during workouts now).  Please tell me it gets easier and I will start to feel like I did ppg working out! How long does it take for my body to start feeling like it used to when I work out?

Re: Why is it so hard now?

• Options

I'm still packing around about 10lb of baby weight, so I still don't feel completely back to normal.  But it does get easier  :)

And I adore my Moving Comfort sports bra!  Keeps the girls locked and loaded even when I was EBF'ing DS 

GL! 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Ditto the Moving Comfort sports bra reco...it is awesome.  I know Title Nine sells a bunch of them.

This one is particularly great:  https://www.titlenine.com/product/bounce/d-cup-bras/310184.do?sortby=ourPicks

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your DD is adorable!!  But to answer your question.... I remember with my DD that it definitely was a slow process for me.  I still get so jealous when my friends have babies and are up and at it again that week!  I think it depends on your delivery experience.  My was really rough and it took me a full six weeks before I even felt well enough to really walk again... As far as jogging goes... I remember also feeling like I was starting all over again... I felt soooo out of shape!  But, I just kept at it, pushed my self a little further each day and before I knew it I was running even faster and further than I was before pregnancy... so just keep going... it is really rough at first, I feel your pain, but I promise if you keep going it will just get easier each week!!
  • Options

It took a long time to feel somewhat back to my old running self.  I felt exactly you do, and have used the same phrase about feeling like a ton of bricks!  It was just so hard to lug myself around when I was out for a run.  And I am pretty much back at my pp weight so I can't blame it on weight. My hips and back hurt a lot.  That said, I don't do a lot of running just due to ongoing issues with knees.  I mostly bike and am just getting to feeling like my old self again in regards to speed and endurance.  It feels like it took forever to get here, but really it went by fast if that makes any sense.  Just keep at it and it will come!  I did see a physiotherapist who gave me some exercises for my hips and pelvis to help with stabilization.  They might help if I wasn't such a slacker at doing them, but it might be something to think about if you're really sore.

Can't help in the boob department.  Mine are sad, flat remnants of their former self and any sports bra keeps them contained.  Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I nursed DD for six months and didn't really start exercising to lose the rest of the weight until after that. It took about a month of consistantly exercising to start to feel more "normal" again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"