Pregnant after 35

XP: First ultrasound update :)

[Also posted in my old stomping ground, TTC>35]

My first prenatal visit went really well this morning... the little bean is doing great and is even a day ahead of schedule, so my official due date is now May 28, 2011!

A bittersweet moment occurred when my doctor told (and showed) DH and I that there were actually two sacs present, but the second showed only a yoke, and apparently never developed.  Shocked to hear that there might have been two beans in there, and a little sad.  But the strong little bean shouldn't be affected by the empty sac, and the OB said it the second sac will probably be reabsorbed. :( There's no history of twins in my family... must just be my over-anxious eggs wanting to make sure something stuck!

My OB doesn't measure the heartrate, but we saw it flickering away on the screen!  We'll go see a geneticist next Monday to talk about testing and schedule the NT Scan.  Crazy, wonderful day!

Here's a pic (it's a straight on shot, big head to the left, little arm and leg stubbies sticking out on each side, and I think you can even see the belly button and maybe the umbilical cord swinging below):

Gotta get back to work now... will check in again in a bit and update on the blog later this evening.  Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: XP: First ultrasound update :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"