1st Trimester

Anyone else taking Prometrium (orally)?

My progesterone levels have been fluctuating over the past few weeks, anywhere from a 19 to a 10.3. Yesterday was when I got the 10.3, and my dr said not to worry, but of course, I worried and called her back and left a message expressing my concern.

This morning, she said she's not concerned about my levels, but as a precautionary measure, she prescribed me Prometrium, 200mg/day, pill-form/oral.

Anyone else taking these right now? Please share any tips or info.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else taking Prometrium (orally)?

• I am, just make sure you take them at bed time.  They make me very sleepy.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, I was coming here to post the same question!  I was just prescribed it today as well (100 mg/day-vaginally). 

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• Loading the player...
  • Hey, Meghan. Thanks for responding! Do you mind if I ask if they've increased your levels so far? Also, is there a reason your dr chose oral instead of vaginally?  Sorry to be a pest.

• Hey, Jess. I've done the vaginal ones before but not the pill...so I am finding I'm a little hesitant. 
  • I am ~ I take (2) 100 mg pills a day.  I've been on it for 5 weeks now and so far, so good.  I take it at 9:30 am/pm.  I commute so I make sure I take it when I know I am at work and than right before bed.

Not sure if it has magnified my symptoms or not, but all seems to be progressing well ~ my OB said she will keep me on it for the entire first timester.

Good luck!

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've taken prometrium during past pregnancies (including the one with my son.)  When I first started taking it it made me very sleepy.  It can also make you nauseous.  If the side effects are too much, try inserting it vaginally.

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Honestly, I don't know why I am taking them orally vs. vaginally.  I haven't actually seen my OB since they were prescribed (I see him tomorrow). As far as my numbers, I don't really know what is going on with those either. I've had my betas done 3 times, and they have only told me about my HcG levels.  I'm sorry, I can't help much.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks so much for responding! I'm going to start taking them tonight, and my next dr's apt is on Tuesday...so I'll let you know how my prog numbers look then.

• My doctor prescribed 200mg (orally) daily for me because my number was borderline low (17.9) and she said it wasn't hurting anything by taking them.  I take them about an hour before bed and I usually have no problem falling right to sleep.  I've read those that take them during the day feel like they are drunk.  One thing I have noticed is that I have been waking up every morning between 4-5 and toss and turn until my alarm goes off, and I didn't have this problem until I started taking the pills.

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • I take them... 200mg orally my side effects were tossing and turning and very bad night sweating and hot flashes but now i take them first thing in the am and am much better! good luck... by the way mine levels were awesome yesterday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"