3rd Trimester
Options

AngelCare Deluxe monitor save my baby

I am not the type to push people to buy one product over another but I learned firsthand that having the AngelCare Deluxe Movement Sensor baby monitor is life saving. The short story is that this past Tuesday as I was pumping in my  very healthy 9 week old daughter's nursery I heard the monitor alarm go off where she was sleeping in her cosleeper in my bedroom. When I scooped her up and was able to see her in the light she was unresponsive, pale/gray and limp. I did all that I could to get her to "come to" which took several minutes and alot of effort but she did and was totally fine afterwards. We went to the local childrens hospital and she was there for 3 days to be tested for different things to see why she became unresponsive. The doctor's were unable to find a cause which is frightening and frustrating but without the monitor and getting to her in time I am not so sure I would have been able to revive her.  It truely saved her life and was worth every penny spent on it. I highly suggest this monitor. In hopes to help another baby I am posting on several boards.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO

Re: AngelCare Deluxe monitor save my baby

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.  I'm so sorry you went through all this, but am happy to hear that your got to your daughter in time to get her help.  I also purchased this monitor after babysitting for a family who used it for their son (he was at risk for having breathing problems).  I'm so happy to have it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That must have been terrifying!  So glad she's okay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we had this for my first daughter, and while setting up the nursery for this one, we couldn't find the sensor pad. we were just going to use the monitors minus the pad, but this post has motivated me to tear the house apart to look for it. so sorry you had to go through it, but happy to hear you guys were able to avoid a tragedy.
  • Options
    Wow that is scary! Thank goodness you were able to revive her. Is it possible for the doctors to prescribe you a heart monitor for her?
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options

I'm so glad to hear your baby girl is okay! I can't imagine the terror you must have felt when trying to revive her. 

Last month, my good friend's nine month old son died of SIDS.  As a result, I just purchased the Angelcare deluxe monitor which we plan on using for our future son.  I'm so glad to hear that it actually works! Thank you for sharing your story!

• Options
    How scary! I'm glad she's okay. 
  • Options

imageSweets2005:
    Wow that is scary! Thank goodness you were able to revive her. Is it possible for the doctors to prescribe you a heart monitor for her?

She was hooked up to a heart monitor in the hospital as well as had an EKG and everything with her heart is fine. They did hear a very faint heart murmur that can't even be heard from her back so they are not worried about it. They classified it as a Still's Murmur which should go away as she grows. There was no reason to have an at home monitor ordered for her. She had an EEG as well to test for seizure and that was clear. The baby monitor that we have at home detects her breathing so if it were to stop again it would pick it up and alarm. I am comfortable enough with that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO
  • Options
    how scary, I'm glad she pulled through and so happy to have bought the AC monitor

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    how scary, glad to hear she's ok!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear she is doing better and thank you for posting this. I had a monitor on my registry without the motion sensor and I immediately went and changed it after reading this.
  • Options

I?m SO glad she is ok!! we were at BRU yesterday where one of my DH?s good friends is actually a manager. I had never heard of this type of monitor and just had a regular video one on our registry. While I was off in the bathroom (shocking) I came back to find my H talking to his friend by the monitors?.of everything in the entire store, his friend told us that angelcare monitor is the only thing we absolutely MUST have. He has a 1 year old daughter too and he said neither him nor his wife could sleep until they had it they were so paranoid. I put it on our registry right away after that recommendation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, and I am glad your LO is doing ok. We just got one of these for our baby shower. I'm so happy we went with this instead of the video monitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"