DH & went to BRU over the weekend and we're stuck between these two

Babi Italia Hamilton

and Baby Cache Royale

[Poll]
Wallace is a big brother!
imageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Which crib [PIPs]?

• I vote #2 based off of converting it to a bed, later. They're both very pretty, but I think beds with a solid headboard always look nicer.

I have had such a hard time not finding cribs with slats on all 4 sides. It feels like a little prison to me! 

• They are both beautiful sets, love the color. My only advice though with the solid back crib is that if you are using bumpers there is no where to tie them in the back. I had this problem with the crib I bought for my 1st. Something I didn't forsee when it was purchased.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMamabirdtoBe:

I vote #2 based off of converting it to a bed, later. They're both very pretty, but I think beds with a solid headboard always look nicer.

I have had such a hard time not finding cribs with slats on all 4 sides. It feels like a little prison to me! 

This!!! 

• imagejillian527:
    They are both beautiful sets, love the color. My only advice though with the solid back crib is that if you are using bumpers there is no where to tie them in the back. I had this problem with the crib I bought for my 1st. Something I didn't forsee when it was purchased.

Why in the world didn't I think of this?! I might have to rethink cribs now, because I am in love with a bumper I found.

• I just ordered the Hamilton yesterday so I voted for that one. They both have the same reviews more or less in baby bargains but what I really like about the hamilton for me was being able to see the bedskirt from the front and it was a little cheaper. Good luck! and take 20% off coupons if you have.

BFP#1: 4.20.10 M/C 4.30.10 @ 4w5d BFP#2: 7.22.10 EDD: 4.3.11~Evan Daniel born 3.29.11 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenikki14317:

I just ordered the Hamilton yesterday so I voted for that one. They both have the same reviews more or less in baby bargains but what I really like about the hamilton for me was being able to see the bedskirt from the front and it was a little cheaper. Good luck! and take 20% off coupons if you have.

Thanks for the tip, did you order through BRU? I would have thought their 20% off coupons would have excluded nursery furniture.

Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
  • imageMamabirdtoBe:

imagejillian527:
    They are both beautiful sets, love the color. My only advice though with the solid back crib is that if you are using bumpers there is no where to tie them in the back. I had this problem with the crib I bought for my 1st. Something I didn't forsee when it was purchased.

Why in the world didn't I think of this?! I might have to rethink cribs now, because I am in love with a bumper I found.

If your set on the solid back you can always try drilling a couple small holes in the back of the crib or using some strips of velcro so it sticks. Also, I wanted to give you alot of credit for staying stong and positive on here this past weekend. I always look forward to your posts and attitude!

• imagejillian527:

If your set on the solid back you can always try drilling a couple small holes in the back of the crib or using some strips of velcro so it sticks. Also, I wanted to give you alot of credit for staying stong and positive on here this past weekend. I always look forward to your posts and attitude!

True! The one I want looks like this:

So maybe I could even get away with rigging the bumper somehow so I don't have to drill. 

And thank you, Jillian. 

• I voted for Baby Italia Hamilton, I love it. I may swing by BRU later to check it out with DH.
  • I know every pediatrician is different but in PA they have very strict advice about bumpers.  Our Dr told us we were absolutely not to use a bumper with DS.  We only used it before the baby came and it has been sitting in the closet ever since.  I will not be buying a bumper for the new LO for this reason.  You may want to ask your doctors stance on this subject before making a crib decision based on using one.  Not passing judgement just something to think about.
  • If I'm not mistaken, the reason that the "solid" headboard cribs have those slits in them at the ends is to accomodate the bumper pad ties.  HTH

• Hello,  I received the Babi Italia Hamilton crib second hand and when putting it together, we realized that our friend only have us about half of the needed hardware.  Does anyone have this crib in storage (to-be-thrown-away) and is willing to just sell me the hardware?  I called the manufacturer but they are going out of business. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"