Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Costume Style

I'm bored and fighting the drowsiness my pain meds are causing me right now, so I thought we could do a poll!

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?

A majority of the time, I was a witch, but one year I was Peter Pan! I loved it! It was definitely my favorite.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY Costume Style

• Options
    One year I was a bunny coming out of a top hat...That was an awesome costume!
  • Options

My all-time favorite costume I had as a kid was when I was the pink Power-Ranger. I was a Power-Ranger freak as a kid....

I am a dork

Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom made a lot of my costumes. My favorite was a genie... lots of pink gauzy fabric and glitter, what's not to love?

My little brother went as a low budget Playboy bunny when he was 13. It was hilarious!

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

One year my Dad made me a costume to be dice- well actually just one. It was an awesome cosutme but HELLA uncomfortable.

One lady in my neighborhood thought I was a washing machine. Huh?

photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We could usually only afford those cheap plastic-y costumes, but one year, when I was maybe 5 or 6, I had a furry tiger full-body costume with a hood that had ears.  I loved it so much.  I was sick the day of Halloween, but I remember insisting that I go out in my costume anyway b/c I was so excited about it.  I think I got to around 3 houses before my mom dragged me home. Yes

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    One year my brother was Pac Man, and I was Ms. Pac Man.  It was such a silly costume, but I loved it!!  My dad made them for us. 
  • Options

I'm embarrassed about this now, but when I was 19 my friends and I made T-shirts that had the girls gone wild logo on the front, and when we "flashed" we had on black sports bras that read censored. We sure got a lot of attention for those costumes. I look back now and think that was a pretty bad idea! Thank goodness we all made it home safely after acting like floozies!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Options

imageDaniSev:

That's hilarious! That sounds like so much fun!

imageleathersmel4:

My all-time favorite costume I had as a kid was when I was the pink Power-Ranger. I was a Power-Ranger freak as a kid....

I am a dork

No need to be ashamed, I loved them, too! I loved the yellow Power Ranger!

• Options
    imagemsmarsh:

My mom made a lot of my costumes. My favorite was a genie... lots of pink gauzy fabric and glitter, what's not to love?

My little brother went as a low budget Playboy bunny when he was 13. It was hilarious!

Omg, that's great! hahaha!

• Options

I don't have any favorites from childhood--I was never anything really good. All my best work has come as an adult.

I have to say my very favorite was the year DH and I went as the white trash couple. If I didn't suck at PIPs from personal pictures, I'd PIP a pic. One of the funniest things ever--we had props and eveything. Props are key.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    imageKathy4678:

One year my Dad made me a costume to be dice- well actually just one. It was an awesome cosutme but HELLA uncomfortable.

One lady in my neighborhood thought I was a washing machine. Huh?

That's hilarious! Hahahaha! That's a neat idea though!

• Options

imageProcrastinatingBride:
    We could usually only afford those cheap plastic-y costumes, but one year, when I was maybe 5 or 6, I had a furry tiger full-body costume with a hood that had ears.  I loved it so much.  I was sick the day of Halloween, but I remember insisting that I go out in my costume anyway b/c I was so excited about it.  I think I got to around 3 houses before my mom dragged me home. Yes

How cute! And I know what you mean about the plastic ones, I think that's why I was a witch so many times!

• Options
    imageMayBug19:
    One year my brother was Pac Man, and I was Ms. Pac Man.  It was such a silly costume, but I loved it!!  My dad made them for us. 
  • Options

imageMayBug19:

I love Pac Man!

• Options

imageMayBug19:

I love Pac Man!

• Options
    imagesteff13914:

I'm embarrassed about this now, but when I was 19 my friends and I made T-shirts that had the girls gone wild logo on the front, and when we "flashed" we had on black sports bras that read censored. We sure got a lot of attention for those costumes. I look back now and think that was a pretty bad idea! Thank goodness we all made it home safely after acting like floozies!

Oh, wow! I would never have had the guts to do that! haha!

• Options
    imagemrsbaker1128:

imageDaniSev:

imageleathersmel4:

I am a dork

I gotta say it makes me feel very old that you loved the Power Rangers as a kid. I only know of the Power Rangers because my baby brothers, 13 and 14 years younger than me, loved them and wanted to be the Red Power Ranger.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    imagemaybebride:

I don't have any favorites from childhood--I was never anything really good. All my best work has come as an adult.

I have to say my very favorite was the year DH and I went as the white trash couple. If I didn't suck at PIPs from personal pictures, I'd PIP a pic. One of the funniest things ever--we had props and eveything. Props are key.

haha! A friend of mine was white trash one time, as a last minute idea. And when I say last minute idea, he was in the parking lot of the party putting this together. He took a white trash bag and pinned trash from his vehicle on it and put it on over his clothes! It was hilarious!

• Options
    I was Rapunzel one year that was fun! Bought a long wig and wore my Aunt's old prom dress
  • Options

When I was 8 my mom made me a Statue of Liberty costume. She was so proud of herself, we had to go to all my relatives houses to show it off.

Yes, I'm quite aware I was a dorky kid. Stick out tongue

• Options
    I was Debbie Gibson one year, and that was always my favorite costume!  No one really understood who I was though...
    The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite was when my mom dressed me up as a Queen Of Hearts.  I loved that costume and it was homemade.  I was like 4.
  • Options

imageDaysie:
    I was Rapunzel one year that was fun! Bought a long wig and wore my Aunt's old prom dress

I love Rapunzel! How fun!

• Options

My mom made us our costumes for year and they were always great.  The best was one year my best friend and I wanted to be something together and we came up with twin pops.  Our moms made us big orange posicle costumes with beige sweatpants that said popsicle in felt and we went trick or treating with our arms linked together... we actually got extra candy for originality from some houses.

I love halloween

• Options
    imagebusybeegirl1976:

When I was 8 my mom made me a Statue of Liberty costume. She was so proud of herself, we had to go to all my relatives houses to show it off.

haha! How cute were you!

• Options
    imagemrsbaker1128:
    imagesteff13914:

Oh, wow! I would never have had the guts to do that! haha!

I have no idea how I did it either! I'm so modest these days. Thinking about stuff like that we did when we were younger makes me so scared to have a daughter! I think I would flip out if my child dressed and acted that way.

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Options
    imagesteff13914:

This is great! I don't remember any of my costumes from when I was a child, partly because I spent part of my childhood in the (da) Bronx and it wasn't safe to trick or treat.  I've had some good ones as an adult, and I'm still trying to figure out what to wear this year. MH wants to be the blockheads from Gumby, but there is no way in he!! I'm doing it.

• Options

I don't remember many of my childhood costumes, but I do remember my mom and sister dressing me up as a hobo one year. Last year I dressed as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz (picture below). I would say that is my favorite costume.

TTC #1 Since 9/2010
    Progesterone B/W at 11DPO (9/21/2011) - 3.5 (Ovulatory)
    HSG (10/3/2011) - Normal!
    SA (11/8/11) - Normal except for low morph. (18%)
    SA (11/23)- same as above
    BFP #1 - 12/16/11
    Due date - 8/26/12
    Its a BOY!
    DS born 9/2/2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsbaker1128:
    imagebusybeegirl1976:

haha! How cute were you!

Lolz! With the money my mom saved by making my costume, I was able to get that gap in my teeth fixed.

• Options
    imagemaybebride:
    imagemrsbaker1128:

imageDaniSev:

imageleathersmel4:

I am a dork

I gotta say it makes me feel very old that you loved the Power Rangers as a kid. I only know of the Power Rangers because my baby brothers, 13 and 14 years younger than me, loved them and wanted to be the Red Power Ranger.

Amen.  I was not a child by the time Power Rangers came out.

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

• Options
    imagemaybebride:

My mom made all my costumes growing up. There's only two that I remember and one (my favorite) was a bride and the other was a witch. 

My best have definitely been as an adult. My favorite as an adult was 2008 when DH(then fiance) and I were vampires. Pics in my blog of it.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageEMF9903:

My mom made us our costumes for year and they were always great.  The best was one year my best friend and I wanted to be something together and we came up with twin pops.  Our moms made us big orange posicle costumes with beige sweatpants that said popsicle in felt and we went trick or treating with our arms linked together... we actually got extra candy for originality from some houses.

I love halloween

That's awesome! I want to be one of those moms that make her kids costumes!

• Options
    imagemrsbaker1128:
    imageEMF9903:

I love halloween

That's awesome! I want to be one of those moms that make her kids costumes!

So do I.  Im not nearly as good at that stuff as my mom is, hopefully she will be able to show me the ropes, she put together a ghost buster costume for my little brother that was amazing. I wish she still had them all, Id use them in the future but they were given to other families when we out grew them.

• Options
    My mother used to make our costumes.  One year I was a rock star and she used leopard print material - it was awesome and went great with my 80's perm.  She still has a picture of it up on her fridge!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    My mom also sewed my costumes.. a few of my favorites were a lion (with a mane of braided and curled yarn) and as odd as it sounds, a tree. I helped her make the leaves :)
    IMG_0299
    TTC#2 since 11.2012 * DS born 7.2011
  • Options
    imageleathersmel4:

I am a dork

My friends and I were all really into the Power Rangers, we all dressed as them for Halloween one year, I was the white one.

We were so into them we used to have a Power Ranger club at school, we all had rings and met on the playground every day! This was around 5th grade I think, too funny, I knew I wasnt alone!

BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Best Wishes to my labor buddy FunNSunAZ!

"Well I've waited so long, so long, so long For someone like you And as this morning breaks through the window pane It reveals the truth Baby, you're my sunshine, first light Find your way to places that only know lies Failed tries and bruised skies With hardly time to hold on or be strong, now I'm strong 'Cos like the dawn you push it all away I tell ya, you're my sunshine
    Everybody needs a little sunshine"
    Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • Options
    When I was 5 I decided I wanted to be a circle for halloween. My copycat cousin decided she also wanted to be a circleHuh? So my mom and aunt cut out giant circles out of card board and attached them to our sweatshirts. Mine said "I wanted to be a circle for Halloween" and my cousin's said "I wanted to be a circle too". To this day, it is my favorite costume!
  • Options

imagekatie328:
    When I was 5 I decided I wanted to be a circle for halloween. My copycat cousin decided she also wanted to be a circleHuh? So my mom and aunt cut out giant circles out of card board and attached them to our sweatshirts. Mine said "I wanted to be a circle for Halloween" and my cousin's said "I wanted to be a circle too". To this day, it is my favorite costume!

That is adorable!

• Options
    My mom turned me into a gumball machine one year, and my sister was a Hershey's Kiss. I wore a red skirt and beanie, a white leotard, tights and shoes, and then she took a clear trash bag and cut a hole for my head and arms and filled it with balloons. It was super cute, but the bag tore halfway through trick-or-treating. Bummer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    imagesteff13914:

hilarious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"